Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Recording Piano???  (Read 1585 times)

Offline tomingram

• PS Silver Member
Recording Piano???
on: July 15, 2003, 07:11:34 AM
I have recently been wanting to start recording my piano pieces at home.  I would like to record them on CD's, and have considered either using the CD writer on my computer, or buying a stand alone CD recorder, such as those made by Sony, Pioneer, and manufactureres like those.  I am going to record it in stereo sound using 2 microphones.  I know i am going to need an audio mixer to power the microphones, make some sound adjustments if needed, and then the audio mixer would run the signal to the CD writer using RCA jacks, most likely.  I was wondering if anyone has ever done any home piano recording before using some professional audio equipment like this.  I would like to know what setups others have used, and if you think mine will work or have any suggestions for it.  Thanks!

Tom
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime isn't enough for music."
S. Rachmoninov

Offline pskim

• PS Silver Member
Re: Recording Piano???
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 12:08:43 PM

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert