Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: 120 seconds  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Skeptopotamus

• PS Silver Member
120 seconds
on: August 10, 2005, 02:06:57 AM
what!  We have to wait two minutes inbetween posts now, or is this some punishment on me?  Is this happening to you guys too?  If so, you should thank me for wasting one of my valuable posting slots to get to the bottom of this.

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Re: 120 seconds
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:22:53 AM
mine is 30 seconds..
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline dinosaurtales

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 06:17:22 AM
Well, if that's what it is, I am on the s**t list too, because I had the 120 second message!
So much music, so little time........

Offline Skeptopotamus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 06:21:43 AM
maybe it has to do with the amount of posts you have.........

Offline pseudopianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 11:40:51 AM
I got 120!!

WAAAAAY too much. 90 sek I can live with but 120?
Took me forever to make 3 shorts today
Whisky and Messiaen

Offline Skeptopotamus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 11:45:30 AM
this is total crap.  We literally have to ration our responses.

put it back to 30.

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 12:00:52 PM
yeah i was like wth cos then i swear it was more than 120 seconds and it still kept telling me this. but seriously skepto have you posted like 200posts in the past 2 days my god get out of the house!
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline Skeptopotamus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 12:19:16 PM
please

I have made 47 posts in the past 2 days.  not 200.  you're the one with the post count that's double mine, and dont say it's cause you've been here longer than me: I've been here about half as long and I have half as many posts.

I currently have a cold n mah boifriend is away.  nothin to do but this cuz i'm not in the mood for practicing.

Why dont YOU quit spending time on PF and try to improve your art; there is always room for improvement.

Offline i_m_robot

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 02:31:59 PM
just waited five minutes and the 120 is still there

this is stupid

self gonna cook up a rec just for you nilsyboi
WATASHI NO NAMAE WA

AI EMU ROBATO DESU

立派のエビの苦闘及びは立派である

Offline pseudopianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 02:32:37 PM
yeah i was like wth cos then i swear it was more than 120 seconds and it still kept telling me this. but seriously skepto have you posted like 200posts in the past 2 days my god get out of the house!

I have a theory cause it feelt ALOT longer then 120 min.

When you press the post button and it tells you that need to wait, that counts as a post. If you try posting after 1 min 59 sek, you will have to wait 2 more min. That's atleast how it is for me
Whisky and Messiaen

Offline i_m_robot

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 02:41:53 PM
its still stupid

selfs hit the edit button so many times in order to avoid upping the post count

(cuz that seems to be a terrible thing for some reason)

and even censors selfs own post to complain with recent threats on his part

then he goes and hits us with something this stupid

for slightly dimmer people who think slowly this is okay

but when thoughts fly out of your mind like lightning this is just torture

so please do us all a favor nilsyboi and get rid of the post count if this is what is necessay to regulate it
WATASHI NO NAMAE WA

AI EMU ROBATO DESU

立派のエビの苦闘及びは立派である

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 05:08:29 PM
I am really sorry I had to change this setting as I know it can be very annoying.
It has nothing to do with regulating the post count and it is the same for everyone.

Unfortunately the board has been spammed a lot more often lately and this is a way to make it more difficult to do so.
The latest incident was this morning when one current member created a new account and posted a great number of extremely obscene postings. 
Luckily such things are often reported by other members and quickly removed but it is terrible enough that some of you have to see it and also a time consuming and filthy job for me to clean it up.

I have a theory cause it feelt ALOT longer then 120 min.

When you press the post button and it tells you that need to wait, that counts as a post. If you try posting after 1 min 59 sek, you will have to wait 2 more min. That's atleast how it is for me
That is correct.
I have now changed it down to 90 seconds to decrease the pain a little.

For everyones information:
"please", "what" and similar is not acceptable attitude at this forum. Please reread the forum rules at https://www.pianostreet.com/forumrules.php

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 07:51:17 PM
just to add my two cents. this sucks royally. THe thirty second thing can get annoying as is and now 90 is ridiculous

Offline i_m_robot

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 09:37:24 PM
hey guess what

was trying to post in the person above you thread

came up with something really nice

but couldnt post it

fun da
WATASHI NO NAMAE WA

AI EMU ROBATO DESU

立派のエビの苦闘及びは立派である

Offline Antnee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 09:54:00 PM
please

I have made 47 posts in the past 2 days.  not 200.  you're the one with the post count that's double mine, and dont say it's cause you've been here longer than me: I've been here about half as long and I have half as many posts.

I currently have a cold n mah boifriend is away.  nothin to do but this cuz i'm not in the mood for practicing.

Why dont YOU quit spending time on PF and try to improve your art; there is always room for improvement.

Tash was just pulling your leg! No reason to tell someone to "please" and as for improvement, try your attitude because I find your some of your posts quite annoying as well. No reason to get so upset, jeez...

-Tony-
"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." -  Stravinsky

Offline pseudopianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 12:25:21 PM

That is correct.
I have now changed it down to 90 seconds to decrease the pain a little.

Hahahaha Bummer. I need to buy myself a stop watch  ;D
Whisky and Messiaen

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 07:36:25 AM
Tash was just pulling your leg! No reason to tell someone to "please" and as for improvement, try your attitude because I find your some of your posts quite annoying as well. No reason to get so upset, jeez...

-Tony-

yeah dude i wasn't being remontely serious, it was a joke! you know like exaggerating things?! so i misread your post count i'm sorry, i thought the internet was a place not to be serious as i think someone once said here?!
as for improving my art well that can go to hell cos i hate it and am quitting soon anyway so woo it can stay in it's crappy state forever now

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 03:16:09 PM
ok get over it tash. You can paint. who really gives a crap what teachers or pricks here on the web say. Paint child paint. I really dig it. I would buy your paintings if I had money.

boliver

Offline Bouter Boogie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 05:19:45 PM
90 seconds for me :o :-X >:(
"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." - Maurice Ravel

Offline Antnee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 12:36:33 AM
For real Tash. Don't listen to that moron. He's gone now anyways. You really are a good painter and we truly mean that. Now shut up and paint something.   ;)  :-*

-Tony-
"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." -  Stravinsky

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 04:11:53 AM
no i've realised what i was on about, and it's just a moronic thing on my behalf- i was thinking of siberian husky's 666 posts and then got him muddled with skepto, hence the 200 posts, so it's just me being silly so just ignore that comment

he's gone? gone where?

meanwhile yes i'll go paint something, cos i have to for wednesday. but seriously, i am quitting at the end of this semester, for my own purposes anyway...bring on music!!

Offline Antnee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 06:41:48 AM
He's been banned, along with I_AM_robot. I think they did something in this thread that got them kicked becuase there were many responses by each of them after your comment, Tash, and now the posts and the members are gone.

-Tony-

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 10:59:17 PM
oooh really now i wanna know what they said!!

Offline JCarey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 01:48:23 AM
In SDC fashion, da doreme had said "true" in response to one of Skepto's posts. Then, Skepto responded with, "true". Then da doreme replied, "true". Then, once again, Skepto said, "true". This continued on for about 20 posts.

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 09:59:35 AM
but that's not worth getting banned over...or maybe it just tipped nils over the edge. oh well big loss haha i'm so nice

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 12:18:37 PM
In SDC fashion, da doreme had said "true" in response to one of Skepto's posts. Then, Skepto responded with, "true". Then da doreme replied, "true". Then, once again, Skepto said, "true". This continued on for about 20 posts.

so immature...some people will never grow up  ::)

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 11:48:51 PM
hey seriously nils disable this 90 second thing..i cant even send private messages one after another to friends on here because of this 90 second probation..atleast disable it with the private message system thanx
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: August 16, 2005, 12:07:30 AM
Yeah, the posting limit thing can be a little annoying.

Nils, is there any way to let members post freely after they have a certain number of posts?  I would think after a certain number of posts, a person has established an identity and could be a safe bet not to spam the forum with obscenities.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 04:04:17 AM
that would be playing favorites..the objectivity of "post count" still doesnt make it viable in my opinion...
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline dinosaurtales

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 06:27:00 AM
Nils told us above - he's trying to kill spam.  Naughty spam at that!
So much music, so little time........
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert