Piano Forum logo
August 19, 2018, 02:19:26 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Digital Piano Test with Simone Dinnerstein

Concert pianist Simone Dinnerstein shows you what to look for in a digital piano by putting a handful of models to the test. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin nocturne op.9 no.3  (Read 4101 times)
virtuoso_735
PS Silver Member

« on: October 29, 2005, 10:07:44 PM »

Hi everyone. Here's a Chopin recorded I recorded on my Yamaha upright piano. It's Chopin's Nocturne Op.9 No.3 in B major. This Nocturne is one of my favorite Chopin nocturnes, and I learned it over the summer. Any comments on my playing will be greatly apprectiated. Thanks for listening! Smiley

Link: http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=7571382
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Nocturne
rafant
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 06:51:15 PM »

Well done! Nice time in hearing your present. Try to play the first third of the piece as you did it in last third, which sounded very secure and professional. Did you learned the piece backwards from the end? Grin. I liked also the way you managed the tension in the middle part.
The left hand sounded a bit percusive to my taste, I prefer it more as a murmur in the background. Maybe it's because the mic placement; try by moving it towards the trebble. Wishing you do have access to an improved recording equipment as your abilities deserves.

didier_brest
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:44:40 PM »

I also felt some hesitation at the beginning. But the end is very impressive. Bravo!
What is you recording hardware?
virtuoso_735
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:01:05 AM »

Wow. Thanks for the replies guys.

It's kind of weird, since everyone who listened to my recording of this piece says that they loved the ending. Smiley
virtuoso_735
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 02:06:28 AM »

btw, I used a cheap $20 microphone. The program I used was Audacity, and I edited (to get the static out) using Nero Wave Editor. The former program is free and can be found on the internet. I don't have the site right now but if you search it on google you'll be able to find it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: