Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: New forum index - we need your suggestions  (Read 1796 times)

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
New forum index - we need your suggestions
on: October 31, 2005, 06:59:04 PM
We are planning for setting up a forum index to create some form of order in the massive amount of information collected in this forum.
The index will of course not include every topic but the most useful ones.

With only this as a starting point, what is your expectations of the new index? How do we make it as useful as possible and what features do we need? How should it be structured?

Brainstorm, please!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: New forum index - we need your suggestions
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 01:10:42 AM
Has anyone else already made one?  Maybe we can just copy that.  I haven't seen a forum attempting to do this though.  The lists like Bernhards and the occasional links people post are all I've seen.

I would just like to be able to find related information.  If I'm looking at a thread on a piece of music, it would be nice to know if there are any others.

Maybe a related thread part at the end of a link.

Otherwise, I picture something like the index in a book. 

Or like the Help function in most programs.

Or an index "tree" that can expand and collapse.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline sergei r

• PS Silver Member
Re: New forum index - we need your suggestions
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 07:50:03 AM
I would love to see a full forum index some time...Something like the directories that most search engines offer would be a valuable tool to have.
/)_/)
(^.^)
((__))o

Bunny - the revolution is coming...

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert