Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Recital in 4 more days!  (Read 2646 times)

Offline pianodeanne

• PS Silver Member
Recital in 4 more days!
on: May 30, 2002, 04:05:29 AM
I would like some help ironing down some things for my recital this Sunday!  (eek!)  OK, I have the program typed up, Mom is helping with the cookies and punch, I have all the staples bought, the custodian pay for the church ready, but now, I am at a bit of a loss when it comes to how to start out the program.  I want to say a few words, but I don't know what to say!  I also have participation certificates to hand out, but I am not sure when I will hand them out, right after each student plays, or at the end and call their names?  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated.

:-/
Praise, praise, praise!!!

Offline kateb

• PS Silver Member
Re: Recital in 4 more days!
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 05:12:34 AM
Hi there!

As I mentioned over on the recital gift topic, my first recital for my students is also June 2nd!

I think I am going to get certificates similar to the ones you got. I'd hand them out at the end--i think I will do it before our grand finale piece though--it's a duet.

Gosh, you are way ahead of me with the recital programs! I should probably be doing that now rather than writing here.

In my opening, I am going to say how impressed I am with the progress the kids have made (I am!) and thank the students and thank the parents for being so supportive of them. (Most of my parents are really good about taking an interest in their lessons and what the kids need to concentrate on.)

I'm going to thank the people at the assisted living center that is letting us have it there.

And by that point people are going to think that I THINK that I'm getting a grammy. So I will stop the thank yous and introduce the first performer and let the show begin! :-)

Good luck!

Kate

Offline ludwig

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 01:11:44 PM

well, first of all, goodluck! and they'll be great.

I'd start of by also saying a few words of encouragement, and some details of progress of your students and acheivements. Thank the parents like kateb said, and also give out certificates at the end. Don't panic, even when your students, the younger ones stop or can't remember their places like one of my friends. hehe, and be confident, that's about it, if you've got all of the arrangements ready, then don't worry much, it'll be good.
"Classical music snobs are some of the snobbiest snobs of all. Often their snobbery masquerades as helpfulnes... unaware that they are making you feel small in order to make themselves feel big..."ÜÜÜ

Offline Mandy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2002, 04:29:20 AM
GOOD LUCK piandeanne and  kateb;D ;D ;D  I'm sure everyone will be very proud their and your work!  It's a bit late now...late Friday night, but what kateb said seems right for the occasion.  Have a GREAT time!

Mandy

Offline Mandy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 04:03:19 AM
Just wondering how your recital went last weekend?? ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert