Piano Forum logo
November 25, 2017, 09:41:34 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Mr. Taylor’s Double Vision

This model D concert grand by Steinway & Sons, developed by Emanuel Moór, is the only Steinway equipped with a double keyboard. Pianist Christopher Taylor demonstrates the unique features of this special instrument. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Raindrop Prelude  (Read 1095 times)
steve jones
PS Silver Member

« on: March 18, 2006, 08:26:29 PM »

Hi all,

Im just having a look through the Raindrop prelude, and Iv think Im up for giving it a try. Iv previously done preludes 4, 6 and 20, and have 9 and 7 work in progress.

Although its quite a bit longer than these others, nothing is phasing me yet. However, Im a little unsure about the fingering in the opening them. Is it meant that the RH plays just the melody, with the LH taking care of the rest?

Assistence would be much appreciated at this point, as Im think Im playing this in an unnecessarily tricky way!

Cheers,

Steve Jones
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Prelude (Raindrop)
Motrax
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »

I use the right hand for just the melody, although it's necessarily wrong to do otherwise. It's easier for me, though. Good luck! It's a beautiful piece.

- M

"I always make sure that the lid over the keyboard is open before I start to play." --  Artur Schnabel, after being asked for the secret of piano playing.
letters
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

hey i love this piece. i use the right hand for the melody and the left hand for everything else. just remember to take it relaxed and in the middle section make it sound like thunder! (cuz its about rain n stuff)

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
steve jones
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 09:00:51 PM »

Actually, Iv just downloaded another edition of the music, and it has made things much clearer.

Thanks guys, I have go give it my best shot!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: