Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann Op 68 no 12  (Read 3221 times)

Offline steve_m

• PS Silver Member
Schumann Op 68 no 12
on: March 21, 2006, 01:31:31 AM

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Re: Schumann Op 68 no 12
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:22:32 AM
You are of course right, Steve.
The translation of the titles we have used in op 68 are less common but are actually used in some published editions. There are also a few other pieces in this collection which do not have the most commonly established English titels.

Offline debussy symbolism

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schumann Op 68 no 12
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:57:34 PM
Greetings.

I would also like to add in into that. My teacher asked me to bring the "Santa Claus" piece by Schumann that she gave me. I did not have any idea about what the piece is, until I saw the title"St. Nicholas", so I am guessing that he technically is the Santa Claus so that might be it. It is called Old Bogie, which I am guessing is an old goblic, and the Knight Rupert which the music most likely represents. Santa Claus.........hmm. We still call it by that though.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert