Piano Forum

Embracing the Past Now The Messenger Paul McNulty in Warsaw
The Chopin Institute engaged highest possible expertise for the instrumental part of the 2nd International Chopin Competition on Period Instruments which included inviting historical instrument builder Paul McNulty. We asked Paul a few questions about the Pleyel renovation as well as his role as a technician and instrument provider during the competition. Read more >>

Topic: Cyril Scott and Florent Schmitt  (Read 2301 times)

Offline esoterica

• PS Silver Member
Cyril Scott and Florent Schmitt
on: December 04, 2003, 03:31:58 PM
I am working on recording projects of the complete piano music of British composer Cyril Scott, and French composer Florent Schmitt.  As both composers wrote prolifically for the piano, these are large-scale projects that will take a few years.
I am missing a few scores, and wonder if anyone happens to own copies of this long out-of-print material.  I can't find any of them in library catalogs (other than the British Library & Library of Congress), or even order archival copies from the owners of the copyright.
Of Schmitt, I still need:
       Op.29, Neuf pieces
       Op.12, Deux pieces
       Op.13, Trois petites pieces (Trois morceaux)
       Op.37/2, Gavotte (solo pf version)
       Op.19/1, Chanson a bercer (duet version)
Of Scott, I still need:
        Trois danses tristes (Schott)
        Dagobah (Forsyth)
        Three frivolous pieces (Forsyth)
        Two piano pieces (Boosey)
        Britain's war march (Schott)
        Butterfly waltz/Valse des papillons (Schott)
        Carillon (Schott)
        Chinese serenade (Forsyth)
        Dorothy waltz (West)
        Guttersnipe's dance (Schott)
        Irish reel (Elkin)
        Toy-box (Schott)
Can anyone help me out?  Most of these works were published between 1895 and 1920, and have been out of print since.          
Many thanks.
For more information about this topic, click search below!