Poll

da SDC is...

good
34 (61.8%)
bad
21 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: da SDC, have your say  (Read 6393 times)

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Re: da SDC, have your say
Reply #50 on: June 17, 2006, 01:39:52 AM
we ride the tide, we brave stormy weather
we speak with pride, while you be suckin on leather

randomly

Offline shoenberg3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: June 17, 2006, 02:48:55 AM

as the founder of da SDC and one of the pivotal figures in the evolution of the society, i feel i am more than qualified to extol the reasons it came to be the way it is.

the lingo firstly developed in msn chats between me and the 2 other high ranking chairmen of da SDC - da ZEPP and da MART.

the reasons for the development of this lingo was manifold; it was fun above all, and it was a way to seperate us from the legions of 'normal' piano lovers.

the utterly oxymoronical irony of talking in this lingo about classical music, is of course funny at first; and it was feared by some that it would get old.
surprisingly, to some, it never did, as it wasnt a novelty.
far from it; it was a fundamental badge of honour, it is spoken with pride, and with unabashed mofoness.

the members who use this lingo are fully aware of what many people think of this lingo, but instead of worrying about those it may offend or those who roll their eyes, the members think of it as a filter.

an SDC member must be of a certain disposition ( but by all means this does not preclude the astonishing diversity of personalities within the community), and the lingo acts as a filter to keep out those who arent cut out to be a 'true pregnant cat'.

lest it be thought that, as others have assumed, da SDC is a forum for dim-wits....on the extreme contrary - to understand whats going on takes a supreme amount of cognitive fortitude.

this 'pregnant cat lingo' keeps at bay those with prejudice, those without humour, and those who believe style negates substance.

couldn't be better said
generally working on:
Bach Toccata in g minor
Rachmaninoff 3rd Concerto

Offline jre58591

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: June 17, 2006, 04:17:12 AM
that was a very eloquent and effective speech, comme. hopefully those that have not seen the good in this forun will now see the light.
Please Visit: https://www.pianochat.co.nr
My YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=jre58591

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: June 17, 2006, 11:52:13 AM
i saw it before, i think da SDC is great. i just thought that the guy who argued that stuff i mentioned, was just running around in circles. but anyways, i think its a good place to get away from the normality of music and piano, and have some fun instead.

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: June 17, 2006, 02:48:45 PM
possibly 8)

Offline rimv2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: June 18, 2006, 05:51:03 AM
i saw it before, i think da SDC is great. i just thought that the guy who argued that stuff i mentioned, was just running around in circles. but anyways, i think its a good place to get away from the normality of music and piano, and have some fun instead.

Not running in circles.

Making an observation.

Not everyone on this forum likes to argue (all the time)  ;)
(\_/)                     (\_/)      | |
(O.o)                   (o.O)   <(@)     
(>   )> Ironically[/url] <(   <)

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: June 18, 2006, 08:58:14 AM
no, sorry i didnt make myself clear. i wasnt referring to you, just referring to a convo a long time ago.

Offline dnephi

Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006, 11:34:39 AM
I jioined but I left because it swears. 

I once asked a question and all I got was inappropriate immoral spam.  Also, there are tons of bad pictures in avatars and I keep my thoughts clean.

I didn't find it helpful.  Godowsky's site without any personal response was much more helpful and amusing.  Sorry about how your site turned out.
For us musicians, the music of Beethoven is the pillar of fire and cloud of mist which guided the Israelites through the desert.  (Roughly quoted, Franz Liszt.)

Offline soliloquy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: June 20, 2006, 08:25:21 PM
Sorry about how your site turned out.

Da SDC does not want ur zympathy.

Offline leahcim

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: June 25, 2006, 12:52:00 PM
Talk like black people?

No, it didn't say that.

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: August 03, 2019, 02:27:55 AM
They juzt all talk like this sheet!!!! Da pregnant cat here, da legendz there. Evrything is so fukin GENZUIUIUIUIUIUI!!!! FUUUUUUUUUCK DA MOTHAFUCKA --> he playz 25/12 in 54 secondzzzzz, da sheet, juszt 8765 notez are wrong and da muzicality is 0/10.
But SHEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAT!!!!! 54' !!!!!!!!!

This is da SDC...

8) true
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: August 05, 2019, 07:31:57 AM
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert