Piano Forum logo
March 17, 2018, 04:18:09 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Schiff Horses Around in Master Class

In a piano masterclass on Schubert’s Moments Musical at The International Musicians Seminar at Prussia Cove, Andras Schiff noted, for one of his students, that, in Schubert’s time, horse-drawn conveyances were the norm instead of just a tourist attraction. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: prelude in g minor help  (Read 885 times)
PS Silver Member

« on: July 20, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »

I have a silly question on this prelude. On the last line of the 1st page on the first measure is the F before F#, F#. Its been a while for me I have just been playing both F natural then the F#.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Prelude
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:10:26 PM »

That is right, nixo1000. F natural does preceed the F#. The chord being used here is a Bb major chord.

Have a listen to the attachment and you will hear the harmony.

Steve  Cheesy

Edit: The translation from recorded file to .wma file to .wav file to .mp3 file has added some ferocious crackles to the sound. You can listen to a better sound quality on my website if you want.

* Rachmaninov.mp3 (4171.22 KB - downloaded 15 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Piano teacher, accompanist and soloist for over 30 years - all of them fantastic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: