Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: What do you think of this piece?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline infectedmushroom

• PS Silver Member
What do you think of this piece?
on: September 24, 2006, 10:49:53 PM
I recently saw this video of Hamelin playing "The People United Will Never Be Defeated". I never heard this piece before, but after listening to it, I kinda felt in love with it.

So, what are your thoughts about this piece?.. Check the YouTube links to listen/watch.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Offline jre58591

• PS Silver Member
Re: What do you think of this piece?
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 11:27:38 PM
this is probably the best theme and variations of the 20th century, and hamelin completely owns this piece. he even plays it better than rzewski himself, i think. id like to see lang lang or kissin attempt this piece, heh.
Please Visit: https://www.pianochat.co.nr
My YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=jre58591

Offline ilikepie

• PS Silver Member
Re: What do you think of this piece?
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:30:20 PM
I like the simple yet easy to elaborate theme.
That's the price you pay for being moderate in everything.  See, if I were you, my name would be Ilovepie.  But that's just me.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert