Piano Forum

Topic: How can I find a piano teacher?  (Read 3174 times)

Offline aiepiano

• PS Silver Member
How can I find a piano teacher?
on: July 30, 2002, 09:30:23 AM
Hello, I am an internationational student going to Maryland-College Park. Dose anyone know how to find a piano teacher? Is there any special website like teacher directory?

Thanks

Offline Dr.Love

• PS Silver Member
Re: How can I find a piano teacher?
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 05:17:48 AM
go look on yellow pages.  Or better yet, ask friends that have played piano before.  

Offline MikeThePianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 08:10:41 AM
I would call/email the nearest university.  They will either have a teacher for you, or a good person that can put you in contact with someone.  I don't know if I would trust the yellow pages, they haven't ever been good to me.  There is also a MTNA (Music Teachers National Association) website where you can locate nationally certified teachers.  Also, look up the local music store.  Altough I don't recommend taking lesson there, they could also put you in touch with someone.

Mike
Michael Fauver is pursuing his bachelors degree in piano performance at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.

Offline robert_henry

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 06:43:07 PM
I live in College Park Maryland.  Maybe I could teach you.

Robert Henry

Offline aiepiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 10:08:18 PM
Thank everyone for all the information. I wil find out what to do again when I reach there. Because I have to make sure that I will have time and a piano to practice. I' am going to attend MS in Eletrical Engineering at UMCP, but I love playing piano as well. I don't want to quit it.  :'(
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert