Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: bach sinfonias  (Read 3205 times)

Offline marco_from_brazil

• PS Silver Member
bach sinfonias
on: October 19, 2006, 11:01:58 PM
hi all!

as a (re)beginning Bach loving pianist, I've been working on the sinfonias lately. I've got the A minor, pretty much learned, now I'm polishing the finer details, like, making the themes sing when they come up. The problem is the other one, D major, I guess that I haven't played a contrapuntal piece that's as fast before ( I play the D major fugue, pretty much andante ), so fingers all twirl up, problems holding notes correctly.

So I was wondering how do you guys practice those pieces, take bar after bar, play it slowly, hands separate and such? maybe I should try a slightly easier but still "frisky" invention before taking on this one? in that case I'm all for suggestions. lets discuss! =)

cheers
Learning:
Bach Prelude and Fugue C-minor WTC Bk.2
Chopin Etude no.6 Op. 10
Beethoven 6 Variations on 'Nel cor piu non mi sento'
Villa-Lobos 'As traquinices do mascarado mignon'