Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Artur Pizarro  (Read 1265 times)

Offline la_leggierezza

• PS Silver Member
Artur Pizarro
on: October 31, 2006, 02:41:03 PM
What do you think about Artur Pizarro?

;D

Offline kempff1234

• PS Silver Member
Re: Artur Pizarro
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:29:02 PM
I have his Liszt sonata recording and have heard most of his beethoven sonatas... To be honest, I can say I like him, although he seems to be quite a pianist.

Offline liszt-essence

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:00:08 PM
Funny that you should mention him. I discussed him yesterday with some people in the chatroom. I even sent his interpretation of the sonata in B minor to pianowolfi. Still awaiting his reaction.

I think Pizarro is absolutely amazing I just love the way he plays Liszt. That's all I've heard him play so far, but it's been one of the best interpretations I've heard.

Offline kempff1234

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:17:56 PM
Actually I was listening to his B minor, it is brilliant and is getting better with every listen.

Offline la_leggierezza

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:43:46 PM
yep it is really amazing his Liszt!!! i have also listen him playing chopin and beethoven and they r great too! i think he is really good! :D

Offline Lebenssturme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:29:07 PM
A few months before, Pizarro made 6 concertos, playing all the works for piano solo by Ravel and Debussy, on Sao Luiz Theatre (Lisbon-Portugal). He played it all with sheet music and I was asked to turn the pages in his last concert (and during his rehersal for that concert). He is really a peculiar person! It was an incredible experience. I was seated there on his left side whatching every single and subtil movements, the way he do all wonderfull things.  I learned a lot! He is an incredible pianist and I must say, one of the best portuguese pianists.
:)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert