Piano Forum

Poll

Have any embarrasing moments occured in your life? If so, mark.

Yes. A horrid one that I would rather not mention
6 (30%)
Yes, terrible but not excruciating
6 (30%)
yes, somewhat awkward
5 (25%)
Just a tad
3 (15%)
Not at all.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Have you had an embarrassing moment(s)?  (Read 3086 times)

Offline debussy symbolism

• PS Silver Member
Have you had an embarrassing moment(s)?
on: December 11, 2006, 01:07:49 AM
Just mark the most appropriate suggestion and feel free to share your stories, if you want of course.

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Re: Have you had an embarrassing moment(s)?
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:15:28 AM
---
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 01:26:11 AM
Thank you for your input Sarah, but that isn't really embarrassing. Funny, yes, but not embarrassing. Embarrassing would have to be something along the lines of a group of people walking in on you whilst changing, or forgetting to lock the bathroom door, etc. Not saying that happened to me, but just giving suggestions as to what embarrassing really is.

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:38:23 AM
---
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:59:18 AM
If it should indeed slide into the "hardcore embarrassing," then it will genuienely cease to be funny.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 07:47:02 AM
Musical ones ? The same one I posted on a similar thread months ago. I was playing a new composition for some people in my pyjamas and dressing gown and when I had finished I realised the whole thing had fallen asunder during playing and block and tackle had been on view to all.

I didn't really feel embarrassed. Had I botched the playing - now that would really have embarrassed me. My wife was more embarrassed than I was. As I remarked afterwards, "Oh well, what they can see they can suck !"
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline term

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 02:49:27 PM
When i was a beginner with about 3 months piano experience, i messed up the Bach prelude in c maj in front of 400 people. Forgot half of the piece, because i learned it the day before and didn't have the time to memorize it properly  ::)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
"The only truth lies in learning to free ourselves from insane passion for the truth" - Eco

Offline ihatepop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 09:35:21 AM
I was at a concert once, and I finished playing a piece. I bowed to the audience(and was supposed to run to the center of the stage and go through the curtain, but in the end I had no idea where to find the end of each curtain, and I had to feel my way through. :-[

ihatepop

Offline arbisley

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 01:47:25 PM
Having possibly the most unattractive girl in my year try to persuade me to put my arms around her rather voluminous belly was a nasty experience, though not embarrassing. Well, embarrassment only happens as far as you let it go, and I don't usually get that embarrassed. I just pretend I don't notice or put on an air of dignity, like when I spilled a bottle of coke over myself in the eurostar terminal the other day.

Since I've had my first girlfriend, I've actually been enjoying the feeling of embarrassment provoked by people teasing me, I even react so they do it more because I enjoy it so much, maybe I'm just a bit wierd  ;D

Offline ihatepop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 01:32:51 PM
Anyone else here suffered a fizzy soda splash before? ;)

ihatepop

Offline arbisley

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 03:29:53 PM
yeah, twice recently

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 05:40:11 PM
I was playing a Beethoven  Sonata in a concert once. I was on the second movement. About half way into the second movement I had  HUGE memory lapse and I kept hitting wrong notes and stuff. It was terrible. Thankfully, when I got to the third movement I wasting all my remaining stamina making it the best I could to make up for the second movement. I still got barely any applause due to my memory lapse
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert