Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Seiler Pianos  (Read 3451 times)

Offline jjoel

• PS Silver Member
Seiler Pianos
on: February 11, 2004, 12:43:11 AM
Has anyone ever played one of these?  I was totally blown away by the absolutely perfect action of this brand of piano.  Unfortunently they're rather rare from what I've noticed.  Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the unique Seiler action.

Offline robert_henry

• PS Silver Member
Re: Seiler Pianos
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 10:05:05 PM
Yes, I've been to their factory in Germany.  Very clear sound.  Very honest!  They have a thin sound, yet they still have personality.  

They have some really cool designs.  Everything, from their stationary to their instruments seems like they have had aesthetics in mind from the beginning.  My favorite was a Silver grand with huge splashes of red and yellow paint all over it.  They have some others that look like something out of Star-trek.  They have that whole German flair to them -metallic colors and moods.

They also have a headphone system that can be built into any of their pianos.  This is great for practicing.  The strings are absolutely silent.

The biggest piano they make is something like 7.5 feet...no concert grands.  Their uprights are considered among the best in the world.  They use magnets in their actions.

I have a 9-foot Steinway, but one day I will be looking for a second piano.  I am going to keep them in mind.

Robert Henry

Offline Babcock

• PS Silver Member
Re: Seiler Pianos
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 05:51:53 AM
Yes, I've performed on an 8 foot Seiler.  That's their largest.  It had a delightful feel, very responsive and musical, though not as full bodied as a 9" New york Steinway.  I know the North American agent if you want more information.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert