Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Vallée D'Obermann  (Read 3059 times)

Offline dnephi

Vallée D'Obermann
on: March 20, 2007, 06:18:40 PM
I officially declare this piece to be incredible.
"It may be seen as a 'Tristan of the Piano.'" - Herbert Westerby, "Liszt and his piano works"
The quote is excessive,but it is still an amazing work.

Discuss.

For us musicians, the music of Beethoven is the pillar of fire and cloud of mist which guided the Israelites through the desert.  (Roughly quoted, Franz Liszt.)

Offline mikey6

• PS Silver Member
Re: Vallée D'Obermann
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 12:16:08 AM
I won 10 Grand with dis piece.  ;D Tis cool, difficult to hang together though.  I like the quote when Warlock was playing it to a friend how he imagined wandering the fields of switzerland (he was under the influence of hashish at the time)
Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them.
Richard Strauss

Offline prongated

• PS Silver Member
Re: Vallée D'Obermann
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 10:59:11 AM
...agreed. Shame it lives under the shadow of Dante, d'Este, and Tarantella [most of the time anyway]

...but Tristan of the piano? hmmm...

Aha I know that book by Westerby...had to write something about Don Juan Reminiscenses, so I just quoted a whole chunk of paragraph straight off that book. Ha.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert