Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven - Sonata No.26 Op.81a in Eb "Les Adieux" 3rd movement  (Read 6930 times)

Offline cardinals

• PS Silver Member
I'd appreciate any comments on this, too. Since I haven't finished practising the remaining part, and this recording is for the first three pages... :)

(High volume setting recommended)

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Well, you're off to a great start with this one!  Nice work.  Good tempo, sounds cheerful and happy...  You're really excellent.

Really just some rhythm issues:

Opening 16th notes--quite difficult to discern your rhythm.  You're correct that it's all a wash of sound, but feel the pulses at least internally

When the LH first gets the melody there was just a tad of rushing

When there's all the repeated chords in the LH and the ornaments in the right hand, you change tempos completely--this could well be intentional, which is fine IMO, but just checking to see if you noticed it

The part after that--very nice.  I like the duet between the voices.

Syncopated part--rhythm drags just a bit....(mine did, too, when I played it)

Hope I didn't offend--I really just intend to help.  You have a great technique and you're off to a beautiful start with this!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert