Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Celebrity Crushes  (Read 4674 times)

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Re: Celebrity Crushes
Reply #50 on: November 25, 2007, 05:56:13 AM
Yeah, your sister took a bit of a slide after I dumped her.  8)

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: November 25, 2007, 09:13:16 AM
Leonidas, how could you do that to Alistair?  I mean, just typing something into his quote box that he did not say?  See, I just did it to you for revenge.  Mwahahaha.
He hasn't done anything to me; he's done this to himself - and hardly added to his general credibility thereby. Sad, really...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: November 25, 2007, 09:14:59 AM
Dirty topics?

Life is dirty, live with it.
We'll each of us see life and live it as we choose, thank you; all that you need to do is live with yourself and the way you see life.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline maul

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: November 25, 2007, 09:21:18 AM
ahahah. people are all sensitive and get offended on the internet. ahahahaha.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: November 25, 2007, 12:43:45 PM
Dirty topics?
Life is dirty, live with it.

Yes...your mind is quite filled with dirty topics.  ;D
Unfortunately, for you, not everyone else always thinks about that.

G.W.K
When I'm right, no one remembers. When I'm wrong, no one forgets!

Offline hodi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: November 25, 2007, 05:32:11 PM
Heather Graham
Jessica Alba

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: November 25, 2007, 05:34:05 PM
ahahah. people are all sensitive and get offended on the internet. ahahahaha.
Some people may do that. Frankly, I can't be bothered. OK, I might reply to certain things, but it takes far more than anything I've seen around these parts to make me feel offended as such...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline leonidas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: November 25, 2007, 05:39:53 PM
So is it true that, like us, Scottish Composers of 'considerable repute' have nothing better to do than hang around on internet forums and get caught up in little silly discussions?

Kinda cool.
Ist thou hairy?  Nevermore - quoth the shaven-haven.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: November 25, 2007, 06:04:18 PM
So is it true that, like us, Scottish Composers of 'considerable repute' have nothing better to do than hang around on internet forums and get caught up in little silly discussions?

Kinda cool.
I do not know who might have told you this, but I cannot in any case comment about Scottish composers in general in this context; I do note, however, that you appear to believe that the above posts are contributions to an example of a "silly little discussion" and cannot help but notice how many posts to that discussion have been made by you. I am quite sure that most if not all composers, Scottish or otherwise, have far better things to do than to get caught up in "silly little discussions", but do also bear in mind that making brief comments on the kind of thing that you have posted here would occupy very small amounts of any such composers' time, so you really needn't worry about such things; furthermore, if you really do believe that such discussions are, as you opine, so "silly" and "little", one might well ask why you involve yourself in them...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: November 25, 2007, 06:06:03 PM
I do not know who might have told you this, but I cannot in any case comment about Scottich composers in general in this context; I do note, however, that you appear to believe that the above posts are contributions to an example of a "silly little discussion" and cannot help but notice how many posts to that discussion have been made by you. I am quite sure that most if not all composers, Scottish or otherwise, have far better things to do than to get caught up in "silly little discussions", but do also bear in mind that making brief comments on the kind of thing that you hve posted here would occupy very small amounts of any such composers' time, so you really needn't worry about such things; furthermore, if you really do believe that such discussions are, as you opine, "silly" and "little", one might well ask why you involve yourself in them...

Best,

Alistair

I'm feeling bored and shiftless.  I would like to be involved ,too.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: November 25, 2007, 06:39:18 PM
I'm feeling bored and shiftless.  I would like to be involved ,too.
Involved in what exactly? Celebrity crushes? Or comments upon them?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: November 25, 2007, 06:41:09 PM
Involved in silly little discussions.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 06:43:18 PM
Involved in silly little discussions.
Why would you like to be involved in those? And what, in any case (and if anything), is stopping you?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: November 25, 2007, 06:53:05 PM
Because I'm bored and shiftless, as I explained earlier.  And nothing is stopping me.  I'm involved.  This is silly, little, and it is a conversation.  So thank you.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: November 25, 2007, 07:03:47 PM
Because I'm bored and shiftless, as I explained earlier.  And nothing is stopping me.  I'm involved.  This is silly, little, and it is a conversation.  So thank you.
Previously you had indicated that you would like to be involved; now you say that you are involved. If indeed you wish to be involved - whatever it may in reality be that you wish to be involved in - then one must presumably be glad that nothing is stopping you. This is indeed both silly and little, as you state, but the extent to which it may reasonably be regarded as a conversation strikes me as strictly limited, but maybe it does not strike you in the same way. No need to thank me for anything here, I think, since I am unaware of having done anythng worthy of thanks...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: November 25, 2007, 07:24:32 PM
If Adriana Lima requested to have sex with you, how would you respond?
When I answered this earlier, my response included the words "just to give you a possible clue, my answer would not be "how much will you pay me?"...". Upon reflection, perhaps I was being a little hasty here; I am, after all, a composer and most of us composers do have to give what some might see as a disproportionate amount of consideration to the question of income from our work, so maybe my answer might after all have been "how much will you pay me?"...

I trust that this apparent volte-face will not cause you undue confusion but, even if it does, I would not worry about it overmuch, since the event that you postulate is, I imagine, rather unlikely to occur.

For the avoidance of doubt, when I did go to Lima, I visited Peru...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline mephisto

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: November 25, 2007, 08:50:38 PM
Do you at least think she is pretty?

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: November 25, 2007, 10:15:11 PM
Do you at least think she is pretty?
Are you asking me that question? If so, well, she's OK, I guess - nothing especially remarkable in that regard, however (at least not in my 'umble opinion). If that admission disappoints or puzzles leonidas, then so be it, I guess...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline leonidas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: November 25, 2007, 10:43:50 PM
haha Alistair, I LOVE silly little discussions like these! so it was in no way a disrespectful shiznit, it was a big-up with saucy respect for you, lowering yourself to the level of the street and hangin' with us homies.

Dawg, check yo'self befo' you wreck yo'self.

Now name some sweet hunnies that get the wax drippin on yo' ol' candlestick there boi... ;)

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: November 25, 2007, 10:56:28 PM
haha Alistair, I LOVE silly little discussions like these!
We'd all noticed.

so it was in no way a disrespectful shiznit,
Really? And what is a "shiznit", disrespectful or otherwise?

it was a big-up
Was it indeed? How fascinating!

with saucy respect for you,
What kind of sauce might that have been? - not sauce vierge, for sure

lowering yourself to the level of the street
If by this you mean to suggest that the level of intelligence on Pianostreet is low, then perhaps Nils might decide to dispense with your company or you might like to leave the forum or both...

and hangin' with us homies.
And a "homie" is?...

Dawg, check yo'self befo' you wreck yo'self.
I must admire your fluency in Albanian...

Now name some sweet hunnies that get the wax drippin on yo' ol' candlestick there boi... ;)
Whatever the above concoction of colloquialisms and street-lingo might supposedly represent, let me assure you that the answer does not include you.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline leonidas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: November 25, 2007, 11:00:58 PM
Lowering yourself from the high-class pretentious snooty wankery that your profession is associated with!

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: November 25, 2007, 11:07:56 PM
Lowering yourself from the high-class pretentious snooty wankery that your profession is associated with!
"Lowering myself from" absolutely nothing, for starters. But let's not just leave it there. If you really do genuinely believe that the profession of musical composition is one that is by definition characterised by what you quaintly refer to as "high-class pretentious snooty wankery" (whatever, if anything, that is supposed to mean), then one may well wonder as to your motive in being a member of a forum devoted to the piano; I should give abit of thought to that, if I were you (which, thank God, I am not) before you post anything more here.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline leonidas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: November 25, 2007, 11:14:18 PM
I am speaking for the people in the 'hood here, the people who get looked down upon by many of the high-class asswipes out there, I was dishing out some respect to you, a member of 'high-society' (I'm assuming, based on the way you carry yourself here), for chilling and posting some fun chitty chatter.

You know, we are hanging out here, in an internet sense, and chatting, and yet be are polar-opposites joined solely by a join interest in and passion for music and pianism, isn't that rather fantastic?

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: November 25, 2007, 11:27:38 PM
I am speaking for the people in the 'hood here, the people who get looked down upon by many of the high-class asswipes out there, I was dishing out some respect to you, a member of 'high-society' (I'm assuming, based on the way you carry yourself here), for chilling and posting some fun chitty chatter.
Really? Well, if I understand what you're talking about here (and I admit that there's no guarantee of that, given the way in which you express yourself), you may well think that you are representing the membership of this forum but I am by no means certain that this is the case; I cannot comment on people who look down on others for any reason or none, beyond stating that I have no interest in so doing myself, since I'm far too preoccupied with what I am trying to to in my own work. If what you have written is supposed to be examples of your "dishing out respect", then I'd really rather not observe what you're like when "dishing out" the opposite. As to the queston of ""a member of 'high-society'" - whatever that is supposed to mean, your "assumption", "based on the way that (I) carry (myself) here" that I have any connection with any kind of "high society" is, like so much else that you put forward here, grossly misplaced. As to your reference to "chilling and posting some fun chitty chatter", the sense that you sought to convey (if any) is entirely lost on me.

You know, we are hanging out here,
I'm not "hanging" anywhere - in, out or otherwise.

in an internet sense,
No, not an any sense in this particular context,

and chatting,
No.

and yet be are polar-opposites joined solely by a join interest in and passion for music and pianism, isn't that rather fantastic?
It's about as ungrammatical as it is unlikely, given the slender evidence of your "passion for music and pianism" that you mention here, so it is arguably "fantastic" in one sense but almost certainly not that to which you sought to claim...

Now I must get on with some work.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline leonidas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #74 on: November 25, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
My word, what a douche you can be, but a hilarious and lovable one all the same. ;D

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: November 25, 2007, 11:38:41 PM
My word,
Is one that expresses itself with more infancy that efficiency.

what a douche you can be,
A douche might do you quite a lot of good, actually.

but a hilarious and lovable one all the same. ;D
All the same as what? Do try to get a life - even if it involves the occasional trip to your local branch of Hooters...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline leonidas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #76 on: November 25, 2007, 11:44:17 PM
I'm being nice, you're not.

I win at being a nice human being.
Yes, it's a game, and you lose! lol

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: November 25, 2007, 11:47:35 PM
I'm being nice,
Really? I'd not want to observe the opposite...

I win at being a nice human being.
God help us all!

Yes, it's a game,
...and you are playing with yourself; no surprise there, then...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline maul

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: November 25, 2007, 11:49:37 PM
Damn. I literally can't finish one sentence of ahinton's posts without shoving my finger down my throat and causing a projectile vomit. Funny, almost the exact same thing happens when I listen to Sorabji's music. Coincidence?

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #79 on: November 25, 2007, 11:53:25 PM
Damn. I literally can't finish one sentence of ahinton's posts without shoving my finger down my throat and causing a projectile vomit. Funny, almost the exact same thing happens when I listen to Sorabji's music. Coincidence?
Whether or not it's a "coincidence", it's undoubtedly your problem rather than anyone else's, so I'd try to deal with it as best you can if I were you - but do remember (since this is a piano forum) that you'll need that finger in future for another more useful purpose, so don't damage it...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline maul

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: November 25, 2007, 11:57:27 PM

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #81 on: November 26, 2007, 08:24:29 AM

That's interesting, because I'm finding reading his responses entertaining. Almost all of them have made me laugh.
h lp! S m b dy  st l   ll th  v w ls  fr m  my  k y b  rd!

I am an imagine of your figmentation.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #82 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:33 AM
There would also appear to be a rather obvious material difference between someone's posts allegedly making him sick and him actually making himself sick - not that either need be of particular concern to anyone other than himself, really, since where he chooses to put his fingers is up to him alone, provided that he confines himself to his own anatomy...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #83 on: December 09, 2007, 07:12:16 PM
  Am getting too old for this, but  Natalie Portman is really the only celeb that i fancy.

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4vDu9pgyq7w

" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline slobone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #84 on: December 12, 2007, 07:50:04 PM
i had a crush on benjamin mckenzie from the oc because he's so cute and delicious like a
strawberry cheesecake and his voice is so sexy and melting.

Or "the hamster boy" as Jennifer Saunders called him on Clatterford...

Offline arensky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 05:44:21 PM
Gwen Stefani.

Smart, talented, well dressed and oh so yummy looking!  :-* ;D

Treat your eyes.... 

https://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=gwen+stefani&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2
=  o        o  =
   \     '      /   

"One never knows about another one, do one?" Fats Waller

Offline yukira

• PS Silver Member
Reply #86 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:15 AM
Just do it for Revenge!!

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:43 AM
Scarlet Johansson. Nuff said.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #88 on: February 10, 2010, 05:25:19 PM
Agreed, until she dyed her hair black
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert