Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Peabody Institue  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Antnee

• PS Silver Member
Peabody Institue
on: April 28, 2004, 01:27:29 AM
I'm thinking of applying for the Peabody Institue in a few years. Doea anyone have any knowledge or experience with this conservatory?

-Tony-
"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." -  Stravinsky

Offline rosie

• PS Silver Member
Re: Peabody Institue
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 08:53:42 PM
I applied there this year and went to audition. The faculty is so nice and very helpful. There was a positive atmosphere at the audition. The school itself is in a great section of Baltimore and has a gorgeous building. I had a lesson with Boris Slutsky. He is a wonderful pianist and teacher. The students seemed very focused and liked the school alot. Let me know if you would like to know anything else.

rosie

Offline comme_le_vent

• PS Silver Member
Re: Peabody Institue
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 07:26:26 PM
the peabody institue......

thats the funniest name ever.

madonna would be proud.
https://www.chopinmusic.net/sdc/

Great artists aim for perfection, while knowing that perfection itself is impossible, it is the driving force for them to be the best they can be - MC Hammer

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert