Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Rach2  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Neno

• PS Silver Member
Rach2
on: October 13, 2002, 06:25:50 PM
Hello,
I'm currently working on the second concerto by rachmaninoff and i have a little problem in the third movement!
After the arpeggios where the piano starts to play without the orchestra i can't find good fingerings for the left hand!I use (532)-1-2-(51) but i can't get it at the correct tempo!
Some help would be appreciated!
  Neno    ,(excuse me for my english!).

Offline e60m5

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rach2
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 03:21:37 AM
Hey there...

Rach 2's 3rd movement... right, I know exactly where you're talking about.  8)

When I played that concerto, the fingering that you gave was exactly what I used... 532-1-2-51 in the left hand. Tricky, yeah, but it's the best I found... however, I haven't played that concerto in a while, and in between now and then I've learnt a lot... so there may be a better fingering out there!

Good luck with the concerto, it's a gorgeous piece.

Offline ktack

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rach2
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:31 PM
hi!
I know this is a 10 year old thread, but I am working on the same movement. I am having trouble with the section in between the first moderato and the presto section. Do you have any practice tips for this?

Thanks!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert