Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Franz Liszt-Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2  (Read 1508 times)

Offline learner of liszt

• PS Silver Member
Franz Liszt-Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
on: May 25, 2008, 04:41:38 AM
I am learning this piece as part of my summer repertoire, and I have a question concerning the Lassan: after the first fast run (going from G# above middle C to a very high E down to several B's) it goes through about 16 measures, then does to measures of trills. After these trills, there is a section of 6 measures of 32nd notes. I have a lot of trouble playing this part, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.
"My age… I cannot remember it, it keeps changing every year!"
~Bernhard
"Why should I go to anyone's funeral? They won't go to mine!"
~Learner of Liszt

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Re: Franz Liszt-Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:17:42 AM
You shouldn't have any problem.  But since you do, I can only figure out that you are using your fingers to depress the keys which means it will be unecessarily slow.

It should FEEL EASY because it IS EASY.  Pay attention to how your hands feel and adjust so that it is always comfortable.  There shouldn't be any any tension or burning sensations.

Somehow, I don't think my explanation will help you.  You'll have to help yourself. :P

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert