Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: automatic logout  (Read 2939 times)

Offline pianoplayer88

• PS Silver Member
automatic logout
on: November 14, 2008, 01:21:36 PM
Why does pianostreet keep logging me out while I'm online? I'll post a reply and then I have to log in again...What is going on?
When you wait for love, it feels like forever. But it's all worth it in the end.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Re: automatic logout
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 01:45:58 PM
Why does pianostreet keep logging me out while I'm online? I'll post a reply and then I have to log in again...What is going on?

Yeah, a common problem that has been occuring to almost everyone since the forum was updated. There is a time limit to avoid people remaining signed on when they're not there. It never affects me when I'm posting, you must be slow! (No offence! ;))

G.W.K
When I'm right, no one remembers. When I'm wrong, no one forgets!

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:37 PM

That should not happen and I haven't recently heard from someone else having problems suddenly getting logged out. If you have any further details about how and when this problem occurs I would be interested to know more.
The most likely reason is however that cookies (used to keep you logged in) are not stored correctly in your computer since you have too strict privacy/security settings in your web browser. Try setting privacy or security one or a few steps lower and see if it makes any difference.

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:03:54 PM
Yeah, a common problem that has been occuring to almost everyone since the forum was updated. There is a time limit to avoid people remaining signed on when they're not there. It never affects me when I'm posting, you must be slow! (No offence! ;))

G.W.K

I have also experienced this problem. I actually experience this problem quite regularly, to an annoying extent.

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:39:41 PM
I have also experienced this problem. I actually experience this problem quite regularly, to an annoying extent.

Do you get randomly logged out when browsing or posting in the forum or do you refer to the fact that you need to login again when returning to the website after closing the browser?
The first is an unexpected problem while the latter is normal.

Offline pianoplayer88

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 12:13:42 AM
Well, it hasn't happened again yet today..Just this morning. I will let you know if it happens again though.
When you wait for love, it feels like forever. But it's all worth it in the end.

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 01:25:28 AM
What's wrong with remaining signed in when we're not there?

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 01:36:22 AM
What's wrong with remaining signed in when we're not there?
It supposedly slows down the forum and how efficiently the server can run but I've never heard of that actually being a problem. C'est la vie...

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:20:08 AM
Do you get randomly logged out when browsing or posting in the forum or do you refer to the fact that you need to login again when returning to the website after closing the browser?
The first is an unexpected problem while the latter is normal.

The latter. It is odd, though. Sometimes I don't need to login again after closing the browser and reopen it. I assumed it was a problem because of the unpredictable results.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 05:32:52 AM
The latter. It is odd, though. Sometimes I don't need to login again after closing the browser and reopen it. I assumed it was a problem because of the unpredictable results.
Did you select the "remember me" option?

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 06:25:33 AM
Did you select the "remember me" option?

Yes, I did.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 12:35:36 PM
Yes, I did.
Hmmm...I get it occasionally but only once every couple of months. Do you use it PSF from any other IP addresses? Just thinking randomly here...

Offline mad_max2024

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 11:48:55 PM
 :-X
I am perfectly normal, it is everyone else who is strange.

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 04:48:05 AM
Hmmm...I get it occasionally but only once every couple of months. Do you use it PSF from any other IP addresses? Just thinking randomly here...

I am on a dynamic IP in both places where I live, so there are many IP addresses that I go through a month, or even week.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 05:43:57 PM
I am on a dynamic IP in both places where I live, so there are many IP addresses that I go through a month, or even week.
I'm thinking it possible that when you log in on different IP addresses it may log you out of the previous IP? Random thoughts here...

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 07:51:02 PM
I don't think it matters. Before the forum was updated, I was also on a dynamic IP, and I never had this problem.

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 12:51:31 PM
The functionality to keep users logged in after coming back within a certain time span has since the forum upgrade been slightly unpredictable in some situations. Since we will soon update other parts of the back end software of the site we will then also fix the login feature. So until then, thanks for your patience with the inconvenience this may be causing!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert