Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven op10no1 - trouble areas  (Read 2464 times)

Offline feddera

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven op10no1 - trouble areas
on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:54 PM
I now have all three movements memorized, and I am now entering the "polishing-phase". The first movement was fairly straightforward, and technically I have it pretty much under control. The second and third movements however, have a couple of tough spots I can't seem to get comfortable under my fingers. The following measures drives me insane:

Measure 28, 30, 75 and 77 of the second movement. It just feels awkward, tense and "rushed" when I try to play those 64th notes in tempo. Hard to explain, but the passages just won't "flow" properly.

Measure 12-15 and 69-72 of the third movement. Same as the above. I can reach the desired speed, but not comfortably. It just sounds too chopped up.

Measure 34-35 and 91-92 of the third movement. The polyrythm just won't get right. I am currently just playing the left hand alone with a metronome, then the right hand alone with the metronome, and then both hands together. It kinda works, but I still don't feel in perfect control.

Any practice tips on these areas would help me a lot. And yes I have a teacher, yes I will ask him, but he's away for two weeks and I want to get this right asap.  :P