Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Chopstick Sheet Music - if you really need it, OMG  (Read 3667 times)

Spatula

Fine here you go for your Dabbling enjoyment

Pure embarassment

https://www.pitt.edu/~deben/freebies.html#First%20Pieces

GOOD GOD! MAKE IT STOP!

Offline willcowskitz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopstick Sheet Music - if you really need it,
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 03:57:05 PM
Now I know what the famous "Chopsticks" piece sounds like.  :o

Offline squinchy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 10:14:13 PM
I don't know why it did, but listening to chopsticks made me semi-giddy feeling. It was a similar to the feeling one gets when listening to Grande Galop Chromatique, except with a dash of skepticism and a pinch of "eh?"

But hey-Now we all know what the second part sounds like.

We should go on a quest/crusade to variate and improvise on all these "chopsticky" pieces and make them true works of art, or at least something worth hearing.
Support bacteria. They're the only type of culture some people have.

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 09:35:57 AM
oh i already knew what the 2nd part sounded like though my version is slightly different at the end. chopsticks is so much funner when it's faster and you make up different rhythms and have 5 other people playing it as well- and now i can give the music to those who don't know how to play it! (not that the people who don't know how to play it would be able to read sheet music...)
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 02:10:13 PM
Yeah, that's the whole 30 seconds of it!  I'm sure it can be written into an actual piece of greater length and difficulty.

Question:  Why didn't Liszt write one of those transcription/variations on the theme?  Was it even written during that time?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert