Piano Forum

Topic: Chopin Etude op 25 no 12  (Read 4115 times)

Offline carazymcmahon

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Etude op 25 no 12
on: January 01, 2009, 12:59:58 AM
This is my first etude, I've been working on it for a while but its still a work in progress. This is the first time I had pushed the speed past my comfort zone (can definitely tell in the development). 

anything technically wrong?

would it be better to play it faster to mantain the "ocean" effect or play it slower and let the melody sing more? or both?
All I have to record with is a camera so I apologize for the sound quality.
any feedback would be great

Offline frank_48

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude op 25 no 12
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:05:33 AM
i would say, keep it at a comfortable slow tempo until the notes are 100% then speed it up gradually.
Playing Piano is the easiest thing in the world, All you have to do is have the right finger on the right key at the right moment.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:08:39 AM
To me it looks and sounds too stressed up. Despite the speed I imagine it to be a "Maestoso". Well, more like a "Maestosissimo". I am working on this etude too and I know how difficult it is, like all of the Chopets. So, it's for sure easier said than done. I would vote for your second option, let the melody sing more and reduce the speed a bit.

Offline carazymcmahon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:26:16 AM
I will make a new recording soon, maybe even tonight.
To me it looks and sounds too stressed up. I would vote for your second option, let the melody sing more and reduce the speed a bit.

I think I needed to hear something like this. I was watching videos of all the greats play this and got the urge to polish it up (been on the back burner for a while). My slower interpretation is probably just fine, or well see when I post it up later, I think I just got caught up with what I think it should sound like and my technical limitations. O well.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert