Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: chat moderator  (Read 2593 times)

Offline communist

• PS Silver Member
chat moderator
on: April 09, 2009, 02:05:06 PM
I understand Henrik used to be the chat moderator but since he never in there I think a new chat moderator would be in order. There have been to many fights in the chat recently.
"The stock markets go up and down, Bach only goes up"

-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline shortyshort

• PS Silver Member
Re: chat moderator
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 04:38:24 PM
I understand what you are saying, but you really should not let these people annoy you.

If they enjoy winding you up, why bite?
If God really exists, then why haven't I got more fingers?

Offline communist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:48:51 PM
indeed, but it is not just because a few people get on my nerves; it is that there is a tendency of fighting  in the chat room.
"The stock markets go up and down, Bach only goes up"

-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:05:59 PM
I think this place needs more moderators in general. I never see Henrik anymore, and Nils cannot handle it alone, it seems. It took nearly a full day for kayordee's posts to be removed a few days ago. It would seem sensible for this place to have more than 2 moderators, given that most forums of this size have about 6-7 moderators. The work can get to be too much after a while. It also seems like a dictatorship in a way if there is one person.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:22:37 PM
indeed, but it is not just because a few people get on my nerves; it is that there is a tendency of fighting  in the chat room.

And  I have witnessed a few of those and have been a taget of a member calling me awful names after I joined the forum.  I just don't know where the civility is going to ........
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline pies

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:44:17 PM
I think this place needs more moderators in general. I never see Henrik anymore, and Nils cannot handle it alone, it seems. It took nearly a full day for kayordee's posts to be removed a few days ago. It would seem sensible for this place to have more than 2 moderators, given that most forums of this size have about 6-7 moderators. The work can get to be too much after a while. It also seems like a dictatorship in a way if there is one person.
I agree.  I shouldn't get away with some of the stuff I post here, but I do.

I hereby nominate RETROUVAILLES for forum moderator.  He does a good job on GFF and I think he'd do the same here.  Even though he thinks this forum is pretty bad IIRC.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 05:39:04 AM
I nominate morningstar and db05 for chat moderators. iroveashe and go12_3 for forum moderators. They're all on pretty often.
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline iroveashe

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:59 AM
I nominate morningstar and db05 for chat moderators. iroveashe and go12_3 for forum moderators. They're all on pretty often.
I agree with most of the stuff said there.
"By concentrating on precision, one arrives at technique, but by concentrating on technique one does not arrive at precision."
Bruno Walter

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 05:48:34 AM
I'm up for chat mod, between you and me we're on most hours of the day and we're responsible! I think...hmm...

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 05:52:09 AM
I'm up for chat mod, between you and me we're on most hours of the day and we're responsible! I think...hmm...

responsible for the chaos that goes on there, lol?
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline iroveashe

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 05:56:21 AM
Is there any cash involved in this? D:
"By concentrating on precision, one arrives at technique, but by concentrating on technique one does not arrive at precision."
Bruno Walter

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 06:26:50 AM
Is there any cash involved in this? D:
Power I guess...

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 07:05:50 AM
Obviously Nils is looking at this, considering quite a bit of posts have been deleted. Has there been any consideration?

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 08:02:37 AM
The problem with finding other moderators is that if we elect a 'fun' person, too much stuff will be let through that probably shouldn't. If we elect a 'serious' person, then a lot of the fun will disappear. There aren't a lot of people on here with a balance between those, and finding one that is willing to moderate and not let power go to their head isn't that easy.

I nominate Bob.
h lp! S m b dy  st l   ll th  v w ls  fr m  my  k y b  rd!

I am an imagine of your figmentation.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
The problem with finding other moderators is that if we elect a 'fun' person, too much stuff will be let through that probably shouldn't. If we elect a 'serious' person, then a lot of the fun will disappear. There aren't a lot of people on here with a balance between those, and finding one that is willing to moderate and not let power go to their head isn't that easy.

I nominate Bob.
Would have to be someone who uses the chat a fair bit too.

Offline jinr

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 12:43:59 PM

I second this motion!

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 12:52:32 PM
I second this motion!

:o    :o    :o
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 07:07:33 PM
I dont know either...who were the people?...I have a chat thing that I disagree with....I can attach it if anyof you wanna see it....I mean...going on the chat and seeing people use that language is effecting me and now ive heard it soooo much that I accidentally said it the other day...
All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 11:29:49 PM
I dont know either...who were the people?...I have a chat thing that I disagree with....I can attach it if anyof you wanna see it....I mean...going on the chat and seeing people use that language is effecting me and now ive heard it soooo much that I accidentally said it the other day...
We know what happens there, send the thing to Nils and it will be dealt with.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert