Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: atomic weapons in ancient india?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline illuminist

• PS Silver Member
atomic weapons in ancient india?
on: May 13, 2009, 02:01:57 PM
According to World Island Review, January 1992, a heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India was found which covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists were investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researchers estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945. skeletons discovered in the extremely ancient sites of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa, Pakistan, have also been found to be extremely radioactive

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare." (Quote)

certainly makes me wonder if their is any truth to all of this :o
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour. - "William Blake"

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Re: atomic weapons in ancient india?
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:20:19 PM
There is no World Island Review.

There is no Katy Hirschboeck, science writer (supposedly the author.)

Given those two items, I tend to be cautiously skeptical about the rest of the story!
Tim

Offline illuminist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:28:19 PM
https://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/68842

that's where i found the information if you wish to take a look - it was an article presented by Dr. Nitish Priyadarshi - geologist working on different issues related to geology and environment in Jharkhand State of India.
Presently working as Lecturer in Department of Environment and Water Management, Ranchi University, India.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour. - "William Blake"

Offline michel dvorsky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:51:21 PM
Amazing, illuminist. In just a handful of posts you've managed to solicit a willingness to believe in any kind of insanity imaginable.  Well done, champ!
"Sokolov did a SH***Y job of playing Rachmaninoff's 3rd Piano Concerto." - Perfect_Pitch

Offline gep

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:15:58 AM
Oh, but it is all true, you know! Really! The ones that threw that bomb were from Atlantis, but they weren't able to escape the revenge bombardment from India. What remained of them escaped to the continent of Mu, which then was all but obliterated by the fish-people of Mars (you know, the ones that built the "Face of Mars"), after which Mu sank. The survivors now live on Mercury. The messenger probe has photographed their cities, but the NASA keeps these photographs  secret.

::) ::) ::)
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 12:28:13 PM
https://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/68842

that's where i found the information if you wish to take a look - it was an article presented by Dr. Nitish Priyadarshi - geologist working on different issues related to geology and environment in Jharkhand State of India.
Presently working as Lecturer in Department of Environment and Water Management, Ranchi University, India.

Let's make some attempt not to be totally gullible here.

That supposed geologist doesn't even claim to have visited the site.  He just quotes the World Island Review which has already been shown not to exist.

And it's not an article, really.  It's just a blog, somebody's whimsical musings.  He has several other articles on the same site, I encourage you to visit them.  If they do not influence your judgement of his credibility then there is very little hope for you. 

Jharkhand is a state in India.  Rajasthan is also a state, it's not a city as the first article implies.  The two states are not even close, they are on opposite sides (East and West) of a very large country with a billion residents (that's right, 5 times the size of the US). 

Finally, let me point out that this "geologist" assumes the Earth was created in 4004 BC per the book of Genesis and Bishop Ussher. 
Tim

Offline indutrial

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 02:24:46 PM
Posts like this (and his other Nazi-related speculations) make me really think that the government needs to start making people get a license in order to use a computer keyboard.

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 03:14:12 PM
He's probably not that old.
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline weissenberg2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 08:03:30 PM
Here are the problems with that:

from 8000-12000 years ago they did not have iron (which was said in the qoute)

in that time I don't think they had language (not sure)

if it was as large as the one in Japan in 1945 how would they have launched it?

and how would they have tested it, if they had not I doubt they would have tried it

if it is a construction site why would be giving birth there and why would it be affecting people today

how would we still have the quote?

why would there be half a million people in an ancient place?
"A true friend is one who likes you despite your achievements." - Arnold Bennett

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 10:27:39 PM
I think this stuff goes back to William Burroughs and Bryan Gysin in the 1970s. They made it all up (they were novelists, after all!) under the influence of too many narcotics. So far so good: trouble is, some people thought it sounded such a nice story they wanted to believe it was true.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline w3ll3r

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 04:12:23 PM
Ok for starters this is a strange place to post this. Second google is your friend search both claims before stating your side. heres mine
According to this article https://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/apr252008/1031.pdf
in 1961 and 62 moderate to high levels of radiation is found in Bansda and Dhavadiya villages, Udaipur District, Rajasthan.  ??? Also according to https://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/india/nuke/
the indian govt doesnt start testing till 18 May 1974  ???
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert