Piano Forum logo
April 22, 2018, 10:19:25 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

What Does a Pianist See?

In this video, eye-tracking glasses are used to show exactly where the gaze of a pianist is directed while playing. A professional concert pianist and his student take turns using the glasses, revealing interesting facts about how experience makes a great difference in terms of effective eye movement, both when playing from memory and from a piano score. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bach - Prelude in C and inventions (VIDEO)  (Read 4691 times)
feddera
PS Silver Member

« on: May 26, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sdkLTjQR74&feature=channel_page

My first Bach-pieces on youtube!  Cheesy
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Prelude & Fugue

piano sheet music of Invention
matthew from florida
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »

Wow, that sounded great! I had never heard these before. How long did it take you to learn them?

feddera
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 11:28:05 PM »

Thank you!

I have no idea how long it took me to learn these. The prelude I learned a long time ago, and invention no. 8 half a year ago. Maybe a week to memorize each invention, and a little less to memorize the prelude. But I've played them a lot since memorizing them too. So yeah, hard to tell.  Tongue Thanks again for listening.  Smiley
iroveashe
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 12:09:08 AM »

The prelude is well played, though I find the dynamics a bit exaggerated.

The 1st Invention sounds too dry, I'd play it more lyrical, the staccatos a bit heavier and not so detached. The tempo needs improvement, you speed up at bar 3 and you slow down in the hard spots.

Invention 8 is the best one, you bring up both voices clearly and equally, but you also slow down between sections, maybe you should connect them a bit more... or maybe I'm being too picky Grin

I haven't learned No. 13 yet so I can't comment on that one. I wouldn't be afraid of slowing down more at the end of all the pieces btw.

"By concentrating on precision, one arrives at technique, but by concentrating on technique one does not arrive at precision."
Bruno Walter
go12_3
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 12:07:08 AM »

I enjoyed listening you play these pieces by Bach.  I noticed your technique  is impeccable and articulate.  Very fine playing!   Smiley

best wishes,

go12_3

Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: