Piano Forum

Topic: Fingering for Op.9 No.1  (Read 6208 times)

Offline frank_48

• PS Silver Member
Fingering for Op.9 No.1
on: July 01, 2009, 11:25:27 PM
is it ok if i used the following fingering in this piece? i tried using the reccommended fingering but it stretches my hand too much and causes pain, my teacher insisted that id get used to it but i doubt it.
Playing Piano is the easiest thing in the world, All you have to do is have the right finger on the right key at the right moment.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fingering for Op.9 No.1
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:51:15 PM
I use 5 3 2 1 2 3 5.

Try using a more flexible wrist.  Don't try to stretch - rather make your hand, wrist and arm more elastic.  

Try to avoid crossings as much as possible in such figures.  When you get the piece up to speed you want to avoid bumps in the LH.  

As for your second excerpt, I do use 5 where you have indicated.  A break in such place can be compensated through phrasing and pedal. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline frank_48

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fingering for Op.9 No.1
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:36:01 AM
thanks.  :D
Playing Piano is the easiest thing in the world, All you have to do is have the right finger on the right key at the right moment.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert