Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: India bans discrimination, liberation for homosexuals.  (Read 2315 times)

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
  You know I think this is a big thing in India, it makes me laugh how many people confess to being homosexual when the Law is changed. I believe this is definitely a recent phenomenon in the west, I remember the days where there were a lot of fear and shame. What are your thoughts, is this a step in the right or wrong direction?
   I honestly believe in most cases homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it a illness, however I do notice men checking me out from time time, as though waiting for a green light, this I don't mind. However I hate being checked by guys at gym showers, are we heading for danger? Discuss as you wish.
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Re: India bans discrimination, liberation for homosexuals.
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:15 PM
However I hate being checked by guys at gym showers, are we heading for danger? Discuss as you wish.

Yes this is all about you, you know.
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline weissenberg2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:48 PM
I would be flattered if a gay guy was checking me out  :D
"A true friend is one who likes you despite your achievements." - Arnold Bennett

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:22:37 PM
I would be flattered if a gay guy was checking me out  :D

Yes, but not if your having a shower, it's the same if a women was being checked out by a   male stranger  in the shower, if you get what i mean.

Yes Petter it's all about me.

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 06:28:25 PM
Perhaps this will help. Seriously you probably stand a greater risk of being raped, if that's what you so afraid of, in a society that supress it and criminalize it.
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:41:23 PM
Perhaps this will help. Seriously you probably stand a greater risk of being raped, if that's what you so afraid of, in a society that supress it and criminalize it.

LOL kinky, yes good point petter, I don't fear rape, but I have heard storys of guys being raped by older men. It really caused them a lot of psychological problem. No it should be de-criminalized.
   Where I'm from being gay is definitely a big deal, its like sleeping with a cat or sheep, but I honestly believe that a lot of men back there are homosexuals, coz as soon as they leave their homeland they start to show their true colour. In fact recently this guy was cought doing thingz with a sheep in a farm.

Offline aslanov

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 07:03:27 PM
zheer buddy get over yourself, and take it as a compliment.
At the gym whether in the shower or not, or even just working out, or in the streets, or in a store, gay guys and straight girls will check you out if your good looking, its all up to you whether you want to lead them on. Most gay people i've encountered get the message, and some of them i converse with cause they are very nice people.

Offline aslanov

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 07:04:12 PM
And as to the original topic.

Koodos to india. If only more places in the world would follow this example.

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 08:07:30 PM
zheer buddy get over yourself, and take it as a compliment.
they are very nice people.

Yes, the ones that I've met have all been nice, the guys have female quality which I like, and the girls have this buddy thing about them.

Sure I'll get over myself what-ever that means, I guess it means stop loving myself.  

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 08:14:16 PM
Zheer, i seriously fancy you :-*
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:16:59 PM
Zheer, i seriously fancy you :-*

Lets be friends. ;D

Offline argerichfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 04:18:26 AM
  Lets be friends. ;D
Leave it at that. Otherwise, nothing here, move along. 

Pursue this stuff and it always comes down to the same thing: a lot of uneducated prejudice.  Yet I did find it interesting that London had a bit of a celebration on 4 July.  Took the wind out of America's sails, most of America's unadvertised 'pride' was celebrated the previous weekend.  Hehe... it's a funny world we live in.  Now for a moment of Henri Herz...  but I'll take the Busoni!   :D

Offline general disarray

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 04:43:53 AM
  You know I think this is a big thing in India, it makes me laugh how many people confess to being homosexual when the Law is changed. I believe this is definitely a recent phenomenon in the west, I remember the days where there were a lot of fear and shame. What are your thoughts, is this a step in the right or wrong direction?
   I honestly believe in most cases homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it a illness, however I do notice men checking me out from time time, as though waiting for a green light, this I don't mind. However I hate being checked by guys at gym showers, are we heading for danger? Discuss as you wish.

And the point of this is? 

The only reason there is "a lot of fear of shame" regarding homosexuality is the same reason why there is fear and shame of being anything but "white," racially speaking.  The dominant mode crushes the sub-dominant mode.  That's obvious isn't it? 

Of course, homosexuality is not a "choice."  Do you think that "gay" humans are so stupid that they would select a sexual orientation that would make them hated by 90 per cent of humans in this world?

As for your ambivalence about being checked out in a gym, that's your issue.  If it bothers you, then you're probably excited about it and feel guilt.  I suggest you deal with this problem with a therapist.
" . . . cross the ocean in a silver plane . . . see the jungle when it's wet with rain . . . "

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:46 AM
And the point of this is? 

homosexuality is the same reason why there is fear and shame of being anything but "white," racially speaking.  The dominant mode crushes the sub-dominant mode.  That's obvious isn't it? 

:o :o please tell me that this is just a typing error, especially the part about sub-dominant mode and shame.

Finally the part about being excited and feel guilty, well lets just say I find homosexuality interesting from a psychologists point of view, sexuality is a state of mind that in some cases can be tamperd with but in most other cases something that one has zero control over. I'm convinced that I'm right, for that reason I do believe that homosexuals must have equal rights.

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 11:50:22 AM
I don't see why people could hate homosexuals. I can kind of understand why a person might think it's a little wrong but seriously, they're humans too, not aliens. And it's not like they can help it anyway.
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline ahbach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 11:15:07 PM
It's not the people it's what they do...does that make any sense?? they are people that are involved in a horrible horrible thing....it's not natural God did not create people that way and how can one say homosexuality is not a choice??? when there are people that come out of being a homosexual and they will say how wrong it was. So I disagree with the statement that homosexuality is something one is born with. I've never heard of a little six yr. old boy or girl that all ways had a crush on one of the same sex. But homosexuals are people.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 12:23:12 AM
It's not the people it's what they do...does that make any sense?? they are people that are involved in a horrible horrible thing....it's not natural God did not create people that way and how can one say homosexuality is not a choice??? when there are people that come out of being a homosexual and they will say how wrong it was. So I disagree with the statement that homosexuality is something one is born with. I've never heard of a little six yr. old boy or girl that all ways had a crush on one of the same sex. But homosexuals are people.

Well, i've never heard of a six year old boy or girl that had a crush on one of the opposite sex.

Your remarks remind me of another poster on this forum that thankfully has not posted for some time.

I do not have a problem with homosexuals myself, but i guess those that judge others by using a moronic 2000 year old book of fairy tales called the Bible, might have a problem.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline mikey6

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:33 AM
I don't see why people could hate homosexuals. I can kind of understand why a person might think it's a little wrong but seriously, they're humans too, not aliens. And it's not like they can help it anyway.
I don't think it's just homosexuals - blacks, jews, Indians.....all have a history of racial abuse.
Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them.
Richard Strauss

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 01:08:01 AM
If homosexuality was unnatural then why do some  Penguin males couple up for the rest of their lives? Same-sex relationships in the animal kingdom are more common than most people think. In fact, in his 1999 book, "Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity," biologist Bruce Bagemihl catalogs the unconventional sexual behaviors -- including bisexuality and transvestite tendencies -- of almost 200 different animals.

Also homosexuality has a benefit to this world, with our ever exploding population. You breeders are killing this world!!!!

I think any prejustice in this world is wrong, India is still very backwards compared to the western world, it is nice to see them take a baby step towards "freedom".
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahbach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 03:49:14 AM
Well, i've never heard of a six year old boy or girl that had a crush on one of the opposite sex.

Well,you must live a pretty shelterd life then :).....who hasn't heard of a little boy having a crush on one of the girls in his class same for the girls....and who hasn't heard of the little boys having a crush on his female 1st grade teacher??

And I see you didn't feel the need to comment on what I said about those who have been in the Homosexual lifestyle getting out of it and saying how wrong it was and how horrible they felt while living that way....but that's how a persons born, it's just normal for them to be attracted to the same sex.....I think not!

Also homosexuality has a benefit to this world, with our ever exploding population. You breeders are killing this world!!!!

Hmmmm how about the things that homosexuality brings to the world??? ooo heres a good one AIDS!!! yep I said it!!! a horrible disease that is caused by homosexuality...I understand it is also caused by other things but one of the biggest causes is Homosexuality or what about the thousands of homosexuals that suffer from depression??

And as far as the breeders killing the world what about the homosexual couples that want children and will go as far as artifical means to get them?? sounds like their putting in their fair share of killing the world too!

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 05:20:21 AM
Hmmmm how about the things that homosexuality brings to the world??? ooo heres a good one AIDS!!! yep I said it!!! a horrible disease that is caused by homosexuality...
I laugh in your face, you are so wrong. A microscopic amount of research will show you the truth.

And as far as the breeders killing the world what about the homosexual couples that want children and will go as far as artifical means to get them?? sounds like their putting in their fair share of killing the world too!
Your logic is poor. Adoption does not add to the number of people in this world.

I am still yet to see how homosexuality is unnatural and any rebuttal of the 200+ animal species that have exhibited this type of behaviour.
www.pianovision.com

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 09:21:43 AM

I am still yet to see how homosexuality is unnatural and any rebuttal of the 200+ animal species that have exhibited this type of behaviour.

Scientifically speaking it is unnatural, Darwins theory of evolution, natural selection ect ect. However the desire, chemistry, affection between homosexualy couple is exactly the same for those of heterosexual couples, therefore the sexual act is against nature, but since we are not plants we must consider the emotional and psychological side to men and women, I believe that these desires are natural amongst homosexuals.

BTW sexuality is a complex thing, we have not considerd incest, i.e. sexual relation between family members, I have an explantion for that too.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 09:38:01 AM
  Scientifically speaking it is unnatural, Darwins theory of evolution, natural selection ect ect. However the desire, chemistry, affection between homosexualy couple is exactly the same for those of heterosexual couples, therefore the sexual act is against nature, but since we are not plants we must consider the emotional and psychological side to men and women, I believe that these desires are natural amongst homosexuals.
For the matter of preservation of a species one would assume that 100% should be heterosexual as to promote the population. However this may not be a key point to the survival of a species. One male can fertilise many females so perhaps not so many males are actually needed to sucessfully breed to ensure the survival of their species. We also see in the animal kingdom many group relations where only the dominant male or females are allowed to breed.

I think we have a much more complicated descision making when choosing a partner than other animals do. We do not do it only for the means of procreation or being able to eat, like animals essential are condemned to.  We choose partners which benefit us emotionally, mentally, infinite other reasons. Humans will not leave a partner because they are infertile, so really those that we choose to be life partners with are not always those that need to be able to produce offspring. Even the Bible (to remind those Christians who say a loving relationship is ONLY those that create children) says if a couple cannot produce offspring they are blessed no more or less than those that can produce offpring.
www.pianovision.com

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 09:56:46 AM
. One male can fertilise many females so perhaps not so many males are actually needed to sucessfully breed to ensure the survival of their species.

. Humans will not leave a partner because they are infertile, so really those that we choose to be life partners with are not always those that need to be able to produce offspring. Even the Bible (to remind those Christians who say a loving relationship is ONLY those that create children) says if a couple cannot produce offspring they are blessed no more or less than those that can produce offpring.

First point, yes one male can fertilise many female, but that will cause serious poroblem in the long run, but I guess you mean homsexuals are capable of breeding, sure but it is unlikely that he she will remain happy in such a relation, therefore the child may face problem growing-up. Children need a mother and father ( with exceptions)

Secondly yes, times have changed, but the bible must have been thinking of hetrosexuals, not homosexuals, I can asure you no religion tolorates gay relation.

Finally in humans sexuality surves 2 purpose, pleasure/love making and the family unit/reproduction, this is not the case in the animal kingdom with the excption of sea whales.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 09:59:22 AM
Well,you must live a pretty shelterd life then :).....who hasn't heard of a little boy having a crush on one of the girls in his class same for the girls....and who hasn't heard of the little boys having a crush on his female 1st grade teacher??

And I see you didn't feel the need to comment on what I said about those who have been in the Homosexual lifestyle getting out of it and saying how wrong it was and how horrible they felt while living that way....but that's how a persons born, it's just normal for them to be attracted to the same sex.....I think not!

1. Not in a sexual nature. I have heard a 7 year old tell me that his teacher is pretty, but i have never heard a 7 year old say his teacher gives him a raging hard on and he wants to screw her.

2. I did not comment on this as i have never heard of anyone "getting out" of a homosexual lifestyle and saying how wrong it was.

Are you some sort of feeble minded Bible basher??

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 10:02:14 AM
what about the thousands of homosexuals that suffer from depression??

With people like you around, i am not surprised.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline gep

Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 01:25:05 PM
I had not expected to do something like this perhaps, but I must say I very much agree with what Thal and lostinidlewonder write here in various replies to ahbach; what that person writes makes my stomach heave with disgust. From what retardant planet does such a dipstick come?? The revolting idea that AIDS was brought into the world by homosexuals? AIDS originated in Africa, it is most widespread there and virtually only among heterosexuals for reason lots of males there seem to view any or all women as mere walking holes to put their dick in at will.

So say religion is a (malignant) form of mental disorder, ahbach seems to present us with winning prototype. If you are so very Bible retentive, I suggest you study on such things as "love thy neighbour", "those who judge shall be judged" and "faith, hope and love, of which love is most". In the meantime, I suggest you sod of here, undoubtedly there are enough retardant incestuous Biblewhacker sites out there to satisfy your evil delights...
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 02:28:31 PM
The revolting idea that AIDS was brought into the world by homosexuals? AIDS originated in Africa, it is most widespread there and virtually only among heterosexuals for reason lots of males there seem to view any or all women as mere walking holes to put their dick in at will.

Indeed AIDS has nothing to do with sexual preference, it just so happens that it spreads amongst homosexuals with a lot more ease. To make one point clear, AIDS is the outcome of scientific experimentation that took place in Africa many years ago, Africans did not create AIDS, they are the victims, and as you say the have trouble keeping the virus under control.

Offline ahbach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 04:35:57 PM
I must say I'm very shocked to be getting the replys that I am. I didn't expect anyone to delve into it the way that they are....I find it very interesting to read all of your opinions....I must say all though you probably wont believe me...I do respect each and everyone of them....we as humans are intitled to think and act as we want within the law....and at this point and time Homosexuality is legal for the most part...so people can live that way if they so choose....it's just a shame that when I give my opinions and thoughts upon the subject that one might of thought I was saying I'm going to take over the world....and let me say I've never onced mentioned the Bible nor given refrence to it...everyone else brought it up.  ;D

Anyways this is a good descussion so far.... :)

Offline ahbach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 04:46:23 PM
The revolting idea that AIDS was brought into the world by homosexuals?

On this matter I do feel the need to defend what I mean....I never said that homosexuality brought aids INTO the world....I said it brings Aids to the world...meaning that homosexuality is a cause of Aids....I also said I'm quit aware that there are other causes for Aids....Such as what goes on in Africa....So please do not take what I say and twist it...it will get you no where except angry with me for my beliefs....question...do you read me in here degrading you for your beliefs???? I think not...I would like to hope you would have enough respect for another human to let them have their own opinions....with out *judging them* for what they believe.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:45 PM
....I also said I'm quit aware that there are other causes for Aids...
AIDS is ONLY caused one way, through HIV there is no other way.

I never said that homosexuality brought aids INTO the world....I said it brings Aids to the world...meaning that homosexuality is a cause of Aids...

If I quote you : "Hmmmm how about the things that homosexuality brings to the world??? ooo heres a good one AIDS!!! yep I said it!!! a horrible disease that is caused by homosexuality...

So its a disease CAUSED by homosexuality but it is NOT brought into this world by homosexuality????? Talk about ambigious response.

The thing is, your beliefs are inconsiderate opinions and we are challenging you to support yourself, which you have not so far.

www.pianovision.com

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 12:23:20 AM
With people like you around, i am not surprised.

Thal

No sh*t.

Ahbach I want to slam you balls in a car door. Is that considered a homosexual act?

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 07:20:09 AM
Only if he has any ;D
Curator/Director
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert