Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: new rec. appassionata beethoven 2nd and 3rd mvt  (Read 3377 times)

Offline jehangircama

• PS Silver Member
new rec. appassionata beethoven 2nd and 3rd mvt
on: August 31, 2009, 01:54:44 PM
today's rec. of the appassionata 2nd and 3rd mvts. worked on cleaning them up a bit, since the last rec. i posted. any comments? again, recorded on my yamaha upright, using my laptop and audacity.
some inputs on these mvts would be appreciated. i do play the 3rd mvt slower, i believe in what schiff says in his lectures...
thanks
jc
You either do or do not. There is no try- Yoda

Life is like a piano, what you get out of it depends on how you play it

Offline jehangircama

• PS Silver Member
Re: new rec. appassionata beethoven 2nd and 3rd mvt
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:59:02 PM
sorry here's the rec.

Offline scottmcc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:35:52 PM
I only got a chance to listen to the 2nd mvt.  overall I found it to be quite nice.  there's a few instances of missed notes that are of little consequence, and one instance of a wrong chord during the 3rd variation, but overall these do not significantly detract.  I like your choice of tempo and the stability of it throughout, and overall you have a good balance between accompaniment and melody, although there are a few instances where one protruded a bit, which could just be related to the recording technique.  the first variation feels like it actually needs the most work--your right hand feels a bit too legato.  the second and third variations were great though!

I look forward to having a chance to listen to the rest of your work.

Offline jehangircama

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 06:04:46 PM
hey, thanks a lot. i do end up slipping somewhere or the other in the piece each time, which is irritating for me... it may be because i play it as the last piece of my programme. i need to build up more stamina, but that'll take time i guess. looking forward to your comments on the other two mvts.
thanks
jc

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert