Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Impromptu Op.90 No.3 G-flat, Schubert  (Read 9895 times)

Offline adapa

• PS Silver Member
Impromptu Op.90 No.3 G-flat, Schubert
on: September 25, 2009, 10:24:20 PM
This is my take on one of Schuberts impromptus. Tell me if you like it or if you have suggestions :)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: Impromptu Op.90 No.3 G-flat, Schubert
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:25:47 PM
Although I've never heard the piece, you seem to have done a great job of it. It sounds clear, professional with good voicing (could possibly just use a little softer accompaniment - but maybe that's just the recording)...

But obviously this piece is well thought-through and beautifully played. Well done.

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 08:22:18 AM
Although I've never heard the piece, you seem to have done a great job of it. It sounds clear, professional with good voicing (could possibly just use a little softer accompaniment - but maybe that's just the recording)...

But obviously this piece is well thought-through and beautifully played. Well done.

Never heard of this piece? Its one of Schubert's most famous pianopieces :)

About the performance, its pretty decent. Things you have to pay attention to is that you could be more expressive, and the melody can be even more clearly.
1+1=11

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 11:23:37 AM
I've heard the other most popular one - I think it's in A flat minor... God knows the Opus number.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 07:22:48 AM
Your pianism is to be praised.  The impromptu is beautifully played; your second recording is passionate and dynamically variegated.  I think you can improve the evenness of the sextuplets.  
Very good! :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline adapa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 03:17:18 PM
I rerecorded it, now with better sound and video. Thanks for all the suggestions, i tried to implement them in the new version.

I hope you like it!

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert