Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Scriabin: Prometheus, op.60 - 2-piano version.  (Read 8213 times)

Offline lontano

• PS Silver Member
Scriabin: Prometheus, op.60 - 2-piano version.
on: October 28, 2009, 11:28:25 PM
I just discovered this today, and it might be common knowledge, but for anyone interested I'm attaching the full 2-piano version of Prometheus, transcribed by L. Sabaneiw. It looks interesting to me, and I'm one of those rare birds who delight in piano transcriptions of great orchestral music (often to the scorn of professorial types who wallow in the transcendent art of orchestration (which I too admire greatly)). So be it Beethoven symphonies, Berlioz Fantastique, Bartok's "Concerto for Orchestra", Scriabin's 4th and 5th symphonies, etc they all have a place in my library. Note: I do have a video of the 2-piano w/trumpet solo version performance of the 4th Symphony "Poeme d'exlaxity", which I must admit is a bit strange, possibly due to the somewhat disturbed trumpet soloist (don't know who the performers are off hand).

Enjoy,  ;)
Lontano
...and she disappeared from view while playing the Agatha Christie Fugue...