Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: fantasie impromptu-lyrical part and the turkish march by Bernard  (Read 3189 times)

Offline fredericfrancoischopin

• PS Silver Member
here me playing fantasie impromptu and the turkish march

Bernard
currently learning:

Mussorgsky: Pictures at one exhibition suite
Beethoven: -Sonata "Grande sonate Pathetique"Ecossaisen,The turkish march,
Sgambati:Melody from Orfeo
Chopin: f.i-lp

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Good Job Bernard!
Soon enough you will be able to play Rach 3! You should try it!

• PS Silver Member
Good Job Bernard!
Soon enough you will be able to play Rach 3! You should try it!

you like it pianisten1989?

no rach3 is too difficult for me, i have video from Kissin performing it,even if many say that performance is too bad for virtuoso pianistic standards,i like it.
you can watch my videos of Kissin and about 10 other pianists at youtube-https://www.youtube.com/user/KEUDER

if some video you would like to have - just tell me and i will email it to you.

thank you for your encouragement comment.

and i hope we can build good pianistic relationship

Bernard 

currently learning:

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
IF I'M NOT COMPLETELY MISTAKEN... Did you not just create a thread 2 days ago with a performance of the exact same Turkish March??? WHY CREATE ANOTHER THREAD???

You already created a thread with the lyrical part of Chopins Fantasie Impromptu and yet again - you're creating YET ANOTHER thread???

Why didn't you simply add the recordings to the thread you created on Friday???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an idea... how about you refrain from posting recordings until you've had a number of lessons with your new High School teacher - hopefully they can refine some of your technique and help your performances before you try playing this again.

Let me remind you of something... Remember this???

Fredericfrancischopin: Respect doesn't come from playing the monumental pieces like Fantasie Impromptu or even a chopin etude... It comes from playing a piece of music beautifully.
You will be able to play these pieces eventually, but you cannot play them now - not to a decent standard. If you're committed however to learning and bettering your playing, then one day you will actually look at these two pieces again and understand how to play them properly. I know this, because I used to play just like you.

• PS Silver Member
IF I'M NOT COMPLETELY MISTAKEN... Did you not just create a thread 2 days ago with a performance of the exact same Turkish March??? WHY CREATE ANOTHER THREAD???

You already created a thread with the lyrical part of Chopins Fantasie Impromptu and yet again - you're creating YET ANOTHER thread???

Why didn't you simply add the recordings to the thread you created on Friday???

cuz i wanted to create new one -to show my friend my recordings on facebook with link to pianostreet

whats the problem?

Bernard
currently learning:

• PS Silver Member
cuz i wanted to create new one -to show my friend my recordings on facebook with link to pianostreet

whats the problem?

Bernard

good idea perfect_pitch -but i will post some recordings without teacher so that some members of pianostreet will see that i am not so bad pianist.:):)

and than alot recordings with teacher
i am 19 ,i am playing for 3 years and 5 months
i think i still have alot of room to improve -in technique,choosing right fingering,hand motions,dynamics... etc

within 3 years and a half -i think i will be very good pianist

and thank you perfect_pitch for remember me of that statement -but you have to admit-i become much better from la campanella to now  ;D 

thank you also for to give  me good advices and not  some  bull****

Bernard

currently learning:

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
but _i will post some recordings without teacher so that some members of pianostreet will see that i am not so bad pianist.:):)

Well, if you're going to re-learn the Eccosaise or pick it up again... try and aim for a higher level of perfection than your recordings 6 months ago...

Remember - this forum is full of people who take music seriously - so if you butcher one of the classics... you're going to get some harsh words from them...    :-\

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Bernard~
I have listened to the first recording in which I'm familiar with and you played it
very nicely but need to put more rubato and diverse dynamics.  The sections that repeats,  you can alter the dynamics and change the moods so that everything doesn't sound the same.  This piece has to be played from your heart with feelings and sink your fingers down into the keys to bring out the lyrical tone of the melody. 
Now about the Turkish March, keep in mind it is a March and therefore the tempo has to be steady.  Keep it stead and clean throughout the piece.  And I'm sure it will improve.   :)

You are trying your best, but it takes time and practice to become a fine pianist and to
have an inner understanding about the pieces you are learning and I'm sure you are musical, I can hear that in your recordings, that you have a sensitivity in your piano playing.  Just
keep setting those goals and work on the pieces that are not too difficult also so that the more challenging pieces will come along in time.

A year ago I have begun to learn Chopin's Etude No. 10 Op. 1  and now I can play it with both hands in a moderate tempo.  Keep in mind this Etude has been a challenge for me to learn, but I can play it and enjoy its beautiful harmonies. 

best wishes,

go12_3
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

• PS Silver Member
Bernard~
I have listened to the first recording in which I'm familiar with and you played it
very nicely but need to put more rubato and diverse dynamics.  The sections that repeats,  you can alter the dynamics and change the moods so that everything doesn't sound the same.  This piece has to be played from your heart with feelings and sink your fingers down into the keys to bring out the lyrical tone of the melody. 
Now about the Turkish March, keep in mind it is a March and therefore the tempo has to be steady.  Keep it stead and clean throughout the piece.  And I'm sure it will improve.   :)

You are trying your best, but it takes time and practice to become a fine pianist and to
have an inner understanding about the pieces you are learning and I'm sure you are musical, I can hear that in your recordings, that you have a sensitivity in your piano playing.  Just
keep setting those goals and work on the pieces that are not too difficult also so that the more challenging pieces will come along in time.

A year ago I have begun to learn Chopin's Etude No. 10 Op. 1  and now I can play it with both hands in a moderate tempo.  Keep in mind this Etude has been a challenge for me to learn, but I can play it and enjoy its beautiful harmonies. 

best wishes,

go12_3

so this is what i called constructive critisism. well done eva.
i thought there are not ppl like u in the world lol XD
Thank you for your wishes and your critisism

thank you

Bernard
currently learning:

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Hi Bernard !! ;D

This is the dad of Enzo  (Emill here in pianostreet).  Are you and Enzo still communicating with each other? I really hope so.  I have posted some of Enzo's YouTube videos here to seek comments and advice. As you well know, the crowd of Pianostreet is just so different from our YT crowd.  One must be ready to consider hard hitting comments which may border on harsh. :-[  Overall, it is for the best as many here are very knowledgeable and really mean well despite the seeming harshness of the language.   

I wish I could help you but as you probably know I do not play the piano nor do I read notes; the only relation I have with the piano is I love to listen to it being played.  I am sure you will get some excellent advice here..... keep an open mind and keep that smile.

best wishes !
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

• PS Silver Member
Hi Bernard !! ;D

This is the dad of Enzo  (Emill here in pianostreet).  Are you and Enzo still communicating with each other? I really hope so.  I have posted some of Enzo's YouTube videos here to seek comments and advice. As you well know, the crowd of Pianostreet is just so different from our YT crowd.  One must be ready to consider hard hitting comments which may border on harsh. :-[  Overall, it is for the best as many here are very knowledgeable and really mean well despite the seeming harshness of the language.  

I wish I could help you but as you probably know I do not play the piano nor do I read notes; the only relation I have with the piano is I love to listen to it being played.  I am sure you will get some excellent advice here..... keep an open mind and keep that smile.
hey enzos dad

we are not in communications cuz i forgot his yahoo adress

could u tell me it?

with respect

Bernard

best wishes !
currently learning:

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
so this is what i called constructive critisism. well done eva.
i thought there are not ppl like u in the world lol XD
Thank you for your wishes and your critisism

thank you

Bernard

You are most welcome, Bernard. 
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
So, Bernard, why don't you try to play something simple like Fur Elise? And no misstakes, or missing out rythmic difficulties, and then post it here when you can play it like that?

You like Kissin, don't you? Do you think he became such a great pianist by playing many misstakes? Start focusing on playing witput misstakes soon.

• PS Silver Member
So, Bernard, why don't you try to play something simple like Fur Elise? And no misstakes, or missing out rythmic difficulties, and then post it here when you can play it like that?

You like Kissin, don't you? Do you think he became such a great pianist by playing many misstakes? Start focusing on playing witput misstakes soon.

your really helpful :D
currently learning:

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert