Poll

Who do you prefer?

Conan
3 (37.5%)
Leno
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Conan or Leno?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Conan or Leno?
on: January 16, 2010, 12:40:51 AM
Which do you prefer?
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline iroveashe

• PS Silver Member
Re: Conan or Leno?
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:44:21 AM
Barely seen their shows, but Conan always seemed funnier to me.
"By concentrating on precision, one arrives at technique, but by concentrating on technique one does not arrive at precision."
Bruno Walter

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:50:31 AM
I hardly watch these shows, but I like Jay Leno   :D
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:30:29 AM
Jay.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:51:31 AM
I know the older ones here will say Jay just because he's been here longer, but it's time for Conan to assume his rightful place at the top. He's just that much better.

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 09:57:26 AM
All I can say is, OUCH:

(I'm not sure if Jay deserved that, but Conan definitely does not deserve what NBC has done. Jay has always seemed like a nice guy, and he can deliver the jokes written for him...but Conan actually is funny and a good writer himself. It's horrible they've done this to him.)

(p.s. for the record, I am no fan of Jimmy Kimmel, except for the Karl Malone "Utah Jam" skits.)

Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 05:04:41 AM
Which one any of us prefer is not relevant. There are complex calculations in play here having to do with demographics, audience numbers, ad revenue, etc. We will never know nor will NBC explain to us what guided their decision to move Conan into 11:35 and Jay into 10:00. The business of and the relationship between network and affiliates is very complex. I am waiting for the first clear explanation..

I have seen Jay in solo stand up shows and was thoroughly entertained. I would really like to see Conan but he doesn't seem to do solo shows.

The one thing I will vote for is to have some lighter shows earlier in the evening. It's depressing to watch other people's miseries before going to bed. Jay was the perfect night cap.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline minor9th

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:04 AM
Leno, by far. Conan is actually rather witty, but I just hate his stupid gestures and goofy faces during the monolog.

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 07:11:31 AM
Conan was tapped to capture that elusive 18-49 demographic which Jay wasn't getting. I'm guessing that most of you are within that demographic but from the posts I don't see many of you in Conans camp. He should have made some of you real fans.

I saw a lot of Conan's shows because I wanted to see what Max would do on the drums. I just fast forwared to Max's solos/riffs and skipped most the monologue and other stuff.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert