Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Best and worst STEADY music jobs [Bob asks]  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Best and worst STEADY music jobs [Bob asks]
on: July 06, 2004, 07:50:54 AM
Just wondering what your opinions are about what aspects make a music job good or bad.

I'm not thinking one-time gigs or "one student I was teaching" stories -- I'm thinking about longer-term positions.  What's good and bad about those?
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Re: Best and worst STEADY music jobs
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 03:07:20 AM
If you dont enjoy it, it's bad..It really is as simple as that!  Piano jobs dont usually pay too well, so if you dont find it fun, then it isnt worth it.

Offline Clare

• PS Silver Member
Re: Best and worst STEADY music jobs
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 03:32:43 AM
Well, I have a regular gig playing in a bar, and frankly, it's starting to annoy me. Driving all the way to the city to play a bunch of simple bossa nova tunes into the night to people eating dip all the time is not exactly the most fun thing in the world. It also cuts into precious practice time!

I wanna be a piano teacher to adults some day.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert