\"\"
Piano Forum logo

Midi Connection Problem (Yamaha YPT-210) (Read 20521 times)

Offline lorre851

• PS Silver Member
Midi Connection Problem (Yamaha YPT-210)
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:31 AM »
Hello,

Today I finally recieved my LogiLink MIDI to USB adapter. Now, I want to use it with my Yamaha YPT-210, but it doesn't give any signal.  :(

I tried to use it with FL studio, but it doesn't do anything. When I play a MIDI file in FL studio, using the adapter as output device, the OUTPUT LED on the USB adapter flashes, but I don't hear anything on my piano. And when I play on my piano, the INPUT LED on the adapter doesn't flash at all!

I already configured the piano to send and recieve MIDI signals (Local = OFF and ExtClock = ON), but nothing works!

I hope there's somebody here who can help me  :( I'm really desperate.

Greetings,
Lorre

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: Midi Connection Problem (Yamaha YPT-210)
«Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:27:32 AM »
Install midi controller device drivers on your computer?  Try other programs, I use to use Cakewalk when I did midi recordings.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.facebook.com/groups/348933611793249/

Offline lorre851

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
There are no drivers for the device. The manual said it was 'plug and play' compatible.

I now tried MIDI-OX, but same story: I can send output signals, but the keyboard doesn't do anything. Also I don't get any input signal...

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »
Yeah I should have realized that most USB are plug in and play, although I have a 64 bit OS running and sometimes that doesn't always work. Is there any INPUT device selection setting in the programs you use? Perhaps you can set the input midi device to a USB port? I have had no experience with the program you are using so I can only guess. To me it seems that it is not a hardware problem but a software. What is the Midi OX generated event that is in green? I see the USB device but it is red, maybe that means it isn't set to be on and the generated one is set on....

Offline lorre851

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 02:02:39 PM »
So, I now re-installed the device to make sure it's recognized properly, and apparently Windows got the device driver from Windows Update, so it should work properly.

Now, these are my FL studio settings (same ports as Midi-OX settings)

(full screen)

The output port is mapped correctly, because the OUTPUT LED on the device itself flashes when I play a midi in FL studio. The only problem is that the keyboard doesn't play or even respond to the signals...

The green indicators in MIDI-OX are just the general outputs signals. If I send a signal, both red and green indicators will flash.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 02:05:18 AM »
I wouldn't have allowed Windows to automatically install the USB midi connection drivers it can really cause all sorts of problems as it is not always a universal fix. I see in the image the Input port it is named a generic controller which means Windows hasn't used the official drivers Yamaha created for the USB midi controller and thus you may lose functions. Try to download the new drivers from here and see if that changed anything.
http://www.global.yamaha.com/download/usb_midi/index.html

I see the output seems to be set correctly, so you should be able to play midis through your program and send it through to your digital so it plays (if you can't then the generic Windows driver failed that function as well). But the input device is the generic driver that Windows installed, remove that device from your Windows Device Manager and reinstall the official Yamaha Midi driver and then your input device should be properly set up and you should be able to record.

Offline lorre851

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »
But I can't use Yamaha drivers... The device is not manufactured by Yamaha, but by LogiLink. And the driver is only for "Yamaha USB-MIDI" devices...

Also, besides the "Generic Controller" in FL studio, there is no other option. Sending notes to the MIDI adapter itself works, but my keyboard doesn't respond.

It seems like this thing is just incompatible with my keyboard... I think I'd better return it and get myself one at a Yamaha store.

Anyways thank you for your help.

Offline danividanivi

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »
I have the same keyboard that you have, and a similar problem.
I connect it to my laptop with a midi interface, midi to usb.
I was unnable to make it work, using fl studio, but after lots of time with my computer I could make it work, but not properly (itīs imposible to work with it, sometimes it doesnīt work, or works after 10 seconds, itīs not a reasonable latency).
I donīt remember exactly what I made, but I installed lots of diferent drivers.
If I finally can make it work properly, Iīll help you.
And sorry for my english, Iīm from Spain

Offline teamkiller

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 06:19:46 PM »
Hi guys.
First sry for my Bad english i'm come from germany.
but we ( me and my wife) HAd the same problem but i've found something at the officel Yamaha support website

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/index/id/4180/?search_query=ypt-210&current_page_id=1

Look at the green note over the last pic at this site

bye

Offline john90

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 07:30:46 AM »
Look at the green note over the last pic at this site
The green note referred to above says to connect the IN midi plug on the adapter to the OUT midi socket on the keyboard, and the OUT plug on the adapter to the IN socket on the keyboard.

First off I connected IN to IN, OUT to OUT, and nothing bad happened, just didn't work.

Latency issues (delays) can arise if the keyboard is turned on in a different order. So experiment, turn the keyboard on first, then plug in the USB to the computer, if that becomes and issue.