Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Making PDFs from JPGs  (Read 1225 times)

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Making PDFs from JPGs
on: March 06, 2010, 08:45:16 PM
I've got pretty primitive scanning facilities and I get one file per page, JPG, TIF or BMP. I've got 'PDF Create' as well, but I can't seem to find a convenient way of grouping a bunch of JPG scans into a single PDF document. Windows Fax Print does it but has a habit of reordering pages and creating ridiculously big files (several MB per page). Does anyone have a recommendation for an efficient way to do this? Ta much.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Making PDFs from JPGs
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:26:48 PM
There are probably other methods (and possibly easier or more efficient ones), but I use Word to Insert (or Paste) each graphic file as a picture.  The resulting multi-page document then generates a pdf file via the Print function (by selecting the pdf-making software as a printer).
What passes you ain't for you.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 10:19:31 PM
There are many freely available from download.com.

For the last couple of years, I have been using PDF redirect version 2 which is satisfactory for my purposes. No problem with about 400 pdf's i have created and my most recent one was shrunk nicely to 11mb from 150mb of j pegs.

For scanning, the Mustek A3 pro is unbeatable value.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:10:51 PM
Ta for that, chaps. Stevebob's solution, but using OpenOffice instead of Word, worked perfectly.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert