Piano Forum

Topic: mendelssohn's SONGS WITHOUT WORDS op.67, no.2  (Read 6389 times)

Offline alison128

• PS Silver Member
mendelssohn's SONGS WITHOUT WORDS op.67, no.2
on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:56 AM
Dear all,

I 'm learning this piece, and I wish to get advice from anyone about how to practice this piece more efficiently....I found it quite hard for me.....I need some guidance coz I'm learning all by myself....Thank you ^ ^

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Re: mendelssohn's SONGS WITHOUT WORDS op.67, no.2
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:59:25 PM
You don't say what specific problems you're having.  Without knowing that, I wouldn't have any suggestions about how to remedy them.

If you're finding the piece "quite difficult," it's possible that it may be too difficult for you at present.
What passes you ain't for you.

Offline peterjmathis

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:13:18 PM
Yeah, we can't really help without more details about the problem.
Looking for piano learning resources or interesting piano stories? Check out my piano blog.

Offline alison128

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:54:06 AM
Hi, I'm sorry I did not really specify on the difficulties which i faced, for example the fingering, some of the fingering indicated on the piece itself make me feel very uncomfortable, shall I just practise till i get myself comfortable with it or can i just follow my own fingering which is much more comfortable?

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:14:32 AM
It can be assumed that there's a reason or a purpose for the fingerings printed on a score, so it's wise generally to at least consider them.  But even the best editors' fingering suggestions are only suggestions, and they're not expected to be suitable for everyone.

The best fingering is what works for you, provided it's based on principles of comfort, efficiency and economy of movement, and control over articulation.
What passes you ain't for you.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert