Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Donna Banks Improv Bach Inside Out video  (Read 2582 times)

Offline dsbanks

• PS Silver Member
Donna Banks Improv Bach Inside Out video
on: April 09, 2010, 04:39:22 PM

Check out my Youtube channel with many styles of piano music!
Thanks for listening!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Donna Banks Improv Bach Inside Out video
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:13:24 PM
The Bach improv has too much reverb/pedal for my taste. Aside from that, I like it very much :)

Offline dsbanks

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:50:04 PM
Yes, I know exactly what you mean.  I'm using PianoTeq and the notes are still tracking behind my fingers and I no doubt have some audio issues to contend with as well.  I was using a flip recorder and it was distorting and had all kinds of issues, so I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks for your comments.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 05:53:06 PM
Yes, I know exactly what you mean.  I'm using PianoTeq and the notes are still tracking behind my fingers and I no doubt have some audio issues to contend with as well.  I was using a flip recorder and it was distorting and had all kinds of issues, so I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks for your comments.

[missionary mode] Hey why not try an acoustic piano? I think it would enlarge your options significantly :) Especially if you want to do more improvs like this one. [/missionary mode ;D]

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 06:34:35 PM
Welcome to pianostreet. :) I like your youtube name. People have recommended the the flip to me, and I'll soon borrow one to try it out.

Wolfi's right about acoustic pianos...and that you cannot play inside like he does in steps 4.1 without getting shocked...but there are things that only electronics can do as well.

You really do get quite a bit out of that Bach subject. Anything can be jazz.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline dsbanks

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 02:02:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome.   The Flip is fast and easy but doesn't handle the low end frequencies very well. The one thing good about it is that you can upload quickly to either a Flip channel or to YouTube.  I for one don't have the luxury of a nice acoustic piano or the room and am mostly involved with using FL studio and working on ambient electronic landscapes.

I listened to some of your music and like and appreciate many of your concepts and whats going on in your musical head.  I look forward to being able to take the time to hear more.

Thanks for your comments.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 02:04:56 AM
I like the way you contrast between the fury of notes and the more lyrical sections.

Welcome to pianostreet!

BTW, your playing deserves a good acoustic piano
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert