Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Debussy "La Danse de Puck" problem  (Read 7205 times)

Offline nmitchell076

• PS Silver Member
Debussy "La Danse de Puck" problem
on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:38 PM
Hello all, I'm currently working on the 11th prelude from Book one, "La Danse de Puck."

I'm having real trouble with the section starting at mm. 53 (trill in LH, 32nd note runs in the RH).  The problem starts with the descending group, on the D#, I get the notes before this fine, but this note and after its 50/50 hit or miss.  Anyone have suggestions for help?

Another problem I've been having  is in sections such as mm. 63-66 and 87-90.  Where you play a trill (or trill-like pattern) while you play a counter-melody in the same hand.  This isn't just a problem in this piece,  I've had trouble playing Bach passages of this nature.  Lord knows if I don't solve it now, I'll never be able to play pieces such as the Waldstien.

Any tips on playing either of these passages would be greatly appreciated.
Pieces:
Beethoven - Sonata No. 17 in D minor, Op. 31 No. 2
Chopin - Nocturne in Bb minor Op. 9 No. 1
Debussy - "La Danse De Puck"
Somers - Sonnet No. 3, "Primeval"
Gershwin - Concerto in F