Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: db05 wants you!  (Read 1251 times)

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
db05 wants you!
on: May 24, 2010, 12:39:11 AM
Uhm, hi.

This has been on my mind for some time. I've mentioned it to some members but it seems nobody is interested so far. There is a forum, of which I'm a member that has been dead for some time now. The main goal of this forum is to attract people who want to help society, change the world and meet like-minded people. The founder was particularly interested in intelligent people (though the meaning of the word is debatable).

I named the project The Camerata. At the risk of having you all invade and thrash the place (please don't), I provide the link here:
https://order.pwnds.info/index.php

I want to invite some new members. This is all for the betterment of the community, short of me taking over it. (Should I...? I named it after all.  ;D) Please comment here if you are interested. Thank you very much.
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Re: db05 wants you!
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:50 PM
I've reacted to your avatar on another thread. I have just now taken a quick look at your forum and couldn't see much because of the registration requirement.

Your forum/web BBS might be a little more of a success if you allowed a read only option for guests. As a former BBS sysop I can tell you that guests will seldom become members unless they can see the discussion.

Of course I understand the need for a registration/verification process in this day of hackers/viruses/spam. But you must also see this from the users point of view where it appears we tell you more than you tell us.

Good luck!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: db05 wants you!
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:32:50 PM
I didn't know what kind of forum it was or if it was active since I couldn't see threads.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert