Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: one of the favourite composer, Bach  (Read 2806 times)

Offline pianoplayer

• PS Silver Member
one of the favourite composer, Bach
on: July 16, 2004, 08:22:40 PM
Hi!  :)
What an embarrasing that you, signed under J.S.Bach, receive sometimes many harsh comments- but I think it's very useful comments. May I ask, are you male or female ?
You guys see that I have not been here for a while -now I could not find my other password so I had to sign up again. My former name was "pianista". Never mind. Just to say I'm working on the Goldberg variations, and ask anyone who played that piece, how do you play on the var. 17- one octava higher in the R.H? Thanks for any advise.

Offline J.S.Bach

• PS Silver Member
Re: one of the favourite composer, Bach
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 01:54:20 AM
Pianoplayer, you have addressed me in the wrong room. I would never know if you were talking to me were it not for your great room topic. The comments I receive are not harsh, its just that the teachers in the beginning thought that I meant to insult them. As for the gender, you might already guess that one must be male to get into such a “fight.”
     Let me add: Johann Sebastian Bach is the best composer ever lived. He is perhaps the only composer who has such a tremendous amount of intoxicatingly beautiful pieces that one can listen to for many hours, every day, and for many years. I have listened to almost every work by every more or less known composer. In the end, out of more than 70 composers which I can easily list, it was none other than Bach who remained a giant. His keyboard pieces by Gould occupy a permanent residence in my car’s CD player.

Bach’s Humble Servant

J.S.Bach
"QUAM BENE VIVAS REFERT, NON QUAM DIU."

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert