Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2017, 02:46:53 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Humour: A Victor Borge Tribute

“And now, in honour of the 150th anniversary of Beethoven’s death, I would like to play Clear the Saloon, er, Clair de Lune, by Debussy. I don’t play Beethoven so well, but I play Debussy very badly, and Beethoven would have liked that.” Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopi Nocturne Opus 9 Nr.2  (Read 1656 times)
jono1
PS Silver Member

« on: June 22, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »

I'm learning this piece but having some problems with the pedalling.  Page 1 and 3  of the Urtext copy shows all the pedalling in great detail.  However page 2 has no pedalling signs until the last bar.  Does this mean no pedalling.  It seems nigh on impossible to play smoothly without some pedalling.    Any one else out there had this problem?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Nocturne
quantum
PS Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

It would mean pedal using the same patterns as suggested on page 1, or at the performers discretion. 

This piece needs pedal, and leaving it out for a whole page would sound odd.

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
jono1
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »

Many thanks quantum.  Thats what I thought!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: