Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann's Kinderzenen Op. 15 (Dedicated to Bernhard)  (Read 6364 times)

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
part of my national tour in indonesia where the good majority of the population don't really know classical music. i will post the rest and more soon

dignity, love and joy.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schumann's Kinderzenen Op. 15 (Dedicated to Bernhard)
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 06:29:12 PM
It seems like you're doing a hard job!! Respect!
Your playing is really wonderful. Somehow I feel like you're compromizing sometimes, actually being under stress.

Any chance to hear the whole set soon? :)

I love Kinderszenen! And I'd love to listen to your overall rendition :)

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 01:29:00 AM
It seems like you're doing a hard job!! Respect!
Your playing is really wonderful. Somehow I feel like you're compromizing sometimes, actually being under stress.

Any chance to hear the whole set soon? :)

I love Kinderszenen! And I'd love to listen to your overall rendition :)

thanks you, wolfi. i enjoy talking to my audience, as connection gets immediately established that way. yes, i will post the rest soon. in fact, i've been trying to upload the rest and many more but been failing repeatedly due to my internet connection   :-[
dignity, love and joy.

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 10:40:20 AM
completed
dignity, love and joy.

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 02:43:48 AM
Hi Teguh,

I thoroughly enjoyed your thoughtful and beautiful playing of these lyrical pieces.  It was obvious that you love every note of this wonderful music.  I look forward to the other pieces in this set when you can upload them.  

David  
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 04:17:06 AM
hi david, thank you so much. yes, the complete schumann kinderzenen has been uploaded. i have also uploaded debussy's children's corner, and mompou's scenes d'enfant. i will probably upload the whole el circo by turina next week. these pieces have become the program of my national tour (program theme: "scenes of childhood"). warmest regards, teguh
dignity, love and joy.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 09:08:30 PM
I enjoyed especially "kuriose Geschichte" and "Haschemann" but also all the others are really inspired and childlike :)

I like your overall subject "Childhood scenes" :)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 04:10:24 AM
Why not have a larger talk to begin with then do more pieces at once. The break from playing to talking is too fast and disrupts the flow in my opinion, sounds too fragmented (in the 1st video). When you speak you don't want to just say the piece you will play, this could be done with a program that audience members can read for themselves, if you talk try to explain why certain sounds encourage us to feel a particular way perhaps, maybe also maybe tie that emotion to the composers life himself, this may make the break from piano playing more relevant. Try not to talk while sitting at the piano. Clean playing!
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 07:10:39 AM
thanks again, pianowolfi :)

Why not have a larger talk to begin with then do more pieces at once. The break from playing to talking is too fast and disrupts the flow in my opinion, sounds too fragmented (in the 1st video). When you speak you don't want to just say the piece you will play, this could be done with a program that audience members can read for themselves, if you talk try to explain why certain sounds encourage us to feel a particular way perhaps, maybe also maybe tie that emotion to the composers life himself, this may make the break from piano playing more relevant. Try not to talk while sitting at the piano. Clean playing!

thanks for the input, lost. yes, the talking issue! lately i've been trying to figure out the best, most effective way to do it, in relation to 1) the length of the whole program, 2) what kind of audience i play to: how educated, how much they know about classical music 3) the setting and other considerations, for instance whether there is a printed program or not.

i tend to do it instinctively differently from city to city, from audience to audience. yes, there are times when i explain longer and there are times when i just mention the title. as you have noticed i also speak bahasa indonesia so the audience in this country can understand better. honestly, there have been alot of people thanked me for short explanation.

dignity, love and joy.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert