Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Scarlatti Sonatas with LH Arpeggios?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline brogers70

• PS Silver Member
Scarlatti Sonatas with LH Arpeggios?
on: August 31, 2010, 06:58:18 AM
Bernhard used to be keen on Scarlatti as a replacement for Hanon and Czerny. Anybody know any Scarlatti sonatas with lots of work on LH arpeggios? I don't have a complete edition of all 500+ to scan through and I wasn't able to get a hint by searching old posts here. Any suggestions for an appropriate Scarlatti sonata?

Offline i_am_joey_jo

Re: Scarlatti Sonatas with LH Arpeggios?
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:25:42 PM
Kk.1 and especially Kk.20 I would recommend for you to try out.  Kk.20 is one of my personal favourites.

Offline mipela

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:02:02 PM
You may try also Scarlatti Keyboard Sonata In D, K 29. It has interplays of ascending and descending scales for the left hand and right hands, respectively, that are simple but very beautiful
Good luck! :D
Peter

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 04:21:16 PM
I'm terrible with numbers, but look at k382...I think that's the number...can't check right now.

Offline brogers70

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:59:55 PM
Thanks for the recent suggestions; I asked the question about 6 years ago, though. At the moment I'm quite happy with Berens exercises for the left hand. They are fairly musical and they cover a lot, scales arpeggios, chords, voicing, multiple lines in the LH, different articulations in different fingers in the LH. Scarlatti is great, too, and I'll try the sonatas you've recommended.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
Oops!
The text on my phone I so small that I could not see the dates when the thread appeared as unread...nice to know you're still with us though :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert