Piano Forum logo
November 17, 2017, 11:18:57 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

New Bach Recordings – Two Preludes and Fugues

A new instalment of two Preludes and Fugues from Bach’s WTC I, performed by Martin Sturfält, has been published; the joyous and energetic C-sharp major set (which must surely be one of the most difficult to read on account of the extreme choice of key – seven sharps – taking you through keys such as B-sharp and E-sharp major!) and the simply remarkable work in B minor. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIDEO: Bach Invention #1  (Read 3788 times)
pbhattac
PS Silver Member

« on: October 29, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »

Not perfect, but thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion to make it better
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Invention
pbhattac
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »

Oops, posted it without linking the youtube video:
pianowolfi
PS Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

Hi Smiley

that flows quite nicely. I think now you might want 1. to resolve the little rhythmic irregularities that occur as soon as an ornament is involved and 2. do more phrasing. It sounds now like it's a whole big phrase which is very good. But there are the little phrases too. The breaths! It sounds a bit breathless to me.

(OMG is that you who did that bungee jump?  Shocked )

Oh and I forgot: I would recommend to choose a different camera perspective! Tongue
pbhattac
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »

Thanks a lot for your comment. Yeah, the rhythm definitely could do more work, and I am never satisfied with those trills, I get them correct like say once in 10-15 times I play, and unfortunately could get it as well as I had hoped for while recording.  Embarrassed Thanks for watching.
Yeah, that was me doing the bungee alright. That was my first and till now last time that I dared something like that  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: