Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Streetís digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the webís most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Looking for John Baptist Cramer Sonata in F major  (Read 1589 times)

Offline dinosaurtales

• PS Silver Member
Looking for John Baptist Cramer Sonata in F major
on: December 30, 2001, 03:37:46 AM
:-/

Op. 27 #1 (1802)  The local music store here does not show is as being in print.  Does anyone out there know where I can acquire a copy anywhere?  Any hints will send me off on a goose chase!  (Wild geese must be really hard to catch, eh?)
So much music, so little time........

Offline amanfang

• PS Silver Member
Re: Looking for John Baptist Cramer Sonata in F major
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 03:17:17 AM
I have seen a Cramer sonata Op 27 for piano duet - it is in E-flat.  This is probably not what you are looking for(?). 

(sorry....I just wanted to pull up a really old thread for kicks.)
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.

Offline dinosaurtales

• PS Silver Member
Re: Looking for John Baptist Cramer Sonata in F major
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 03:19:15 AM
That's ok.  I was surprised to see it come up again!  I have since found the music - at the British Library - and I have sinced learned and memorized the piece! It's a fun one!

So much music, so little time........

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert