Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Field. Nocturne in E Minor, Hummel - Piano Sonata F Minor, 6 Bagatellen  (Read 2628 times)

Offline osapiano

• PS Silver Member

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Hello and welcome to pianostreet. I hope you enjoy it here. These are two gems not often heard, and absolutely gorgeous playing - You have a very seductive tone. The Hummel becomes quite intense. I don't think the Field could be played more beautifully.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline keyboardclass

• PS Silver Member
Too much rubato in the Field for me, not so sure she's on top of the Hummel.

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
And I'm not sure that this is not actually a promotion of the pianist, than the pianist herself, but I enjoy it nonetheless.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
This promotion was spammed in another thread only a couple of days ago.

Some people simply need to be shot.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline osapiano

• PS Silver Member
 :)Dear Thalbergmad, I believe that I have not violated the rules of fasting in this forum? Quite possibly it would be to assume that a person who has not mastered the English language to the extent that would not allow him to resort to the Google translator mistakenly posted the material, based on the natural desire to share important things for him, having direct relevance to the title of the forum. So, let me apologize for the inadvertent infringement.
With respect to colleagues,
Dmitry Osakovsky, a former pianist, this piano master.

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Hi osapiano,

Welcome to Piano Street!  I enjoyed listening to your Field and Hummel pieces.  Usually, we most often encounter the Field "Nocturne" No. 5 in B flat, so it was great to hear a different nocturne this time.  Your performance was exceptional in my opinion.  Brava!

It was a treat to hear the Hummel Sonata.  You played the piece with artistry and wonderful expressiveness throughout.  It's both a charming and exciting piece, and it was a pleasure hearing you play it.

As I was listening, I thought that we normally credit Beethoven and Schubert as the "transitional composers" paving the way from Viennese Classicism toward the Romantic Era. Yet when I listen to Hummel, he has interesting harmonies and calls for great expressiveness in his music.  Yes, its basis is unmistakenly classical, but there are also signs of innovation in his composing too.  Chopin was always impressed with Hummel's works.  Despite that, it seems that once the stage was dominated by the music of Weber, Mendelssohn, Chopin, Schumann and Liszt (and later Brahms), Hummel was nearly forgotten and is seldom played in our day.  I sense that he deserves more credit than he has received historically.

Thanks for posting these pieces.
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline osapiano

• PS Silver Member
Dear rachfan! Unfortunately my English is not so good not to use the Google translator  . I am a friend Daria, her piano master (in the past pianist), an inexperienced producer - in short, a lot of things rolled into one. I could not afford to shell out the full version of the demo, since we are bound by contract, but as soon as possible try to lay out the record. FRSM certificate is not respected in academic music circles of Russia, therefore, not having sufficient funds for the organization of concerts, I have to make such positions in the hope that visitors will go to the page index entries on the website of pianist to explore her creativity. 
With respect to colleagues,
Dmitry Osakovsky
https://www.pianomaster.info/

J. H. Hummel, 6 Bagatellen by Daria Gloukhova . Record in 2009 on the stage of children's arts school im.Stravinskogo in Moscow on the grand piano "Petrof".

Offline osapiano

• PS Silver Member
and two... ;)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert